• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Tory party are about to split

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The Tory party are unable to govern and offer one option only of trashing the economy,

Nationalisation of the post office is daft indeed, but is harmless in comparison to the hard right stupidity of the Tories. In any case I don't believe Corbyn will get a majority, it will probably also be a minority government.

One of the reasons the UK is in this mess is because a substantial number of the older middle class voted for Brexit; it would be good for their soul to pay some extra taxes to help out some of the younger people they shat all over.

The snowflakes will thank us one day. Once the brainwashing wears off, that is...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The Tory party are unable to govern and offer one option only of trashing the economy,

Nationalisation of the post office is daft indeed, but is harmless in comparison to the hard right stupidity of the Tories. In any case I don't believe Corbyn will get a majority, it will probably also be a minority government.

One of the reasons the UK is in this mess is because a substantial number of the older middle class voted for Brexit; it would be good for their soul to pay some extra taxes to help out some of the younger people they shat all over.

On the contrary, it was the middle class Remainers that shat on this country in the form of successive governments led by said Remainers believing they had a mandate to shackle us to what the EU has become, without asking anyone. It would be great if some of those people showed a little humility, especially if they aren't paying taxes here. No representation without taxation, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Objectively, it seems to be a minority in the party that back a scorched earth approach on either side of the referendum result. They understand the alternative: Korbyn. For example, Hammond is spitting blood behind the scenes, "street fighting", but he was clearly following the White Paper line in public this morning. It could all fall apart, but I don't think any of them want Korbyn on their conscience and, let's be clear, he'd win in the near term.

Incidentally, do you want them to fall apart? Do you want Korbyn?
        Why fooking not, all the other chunts have been dreadful. At least Corbyn gives a fook.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The diintegration of the Conservative parliamentary party seems to be in full swing:

Boris has a chat with another Cabinet Minister

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Things are not good at the moment. All your proposals would make it worse. Which is what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Things are not good at the moment. All your proposals would make it worse. Which is what you want.
              No I don't. Things are a mess, Corbyn represents the least worst option.

If I wanted to make things worse, I'd throw my weight behind Boris as PM.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 June 2017, 07:33.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Some excellent analysis by the German foreign minister, who is making clear that the door is open for a reasonable deal with the EU:

UK may be able to secure 'soft Brexit' and stay in European Single Market, hints German Foreign Minister | The Independent

Mr Gabriel strongly criticized the UK’s Conservatives, saying that they “played with the emotions of citizens in Britain, told fake news about Europe and left people unclear about what consequences this would all have.”

Referring to the “difficult, even impossible situation” created by the indecisive election, he added: “Here, those who created such chaos would have long since gone.”
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

It looks like the Tories are about to split:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...theresa-may-eu

It's crazy. The Lib Dems were split by gay sex.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    It's crazy. The Lib Dems were split by gay sex.
                    I'm sure literally in some cases.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No I don't. Things are a mess, Corbyn represents the least worst option.
                      Which really highlights what a mess things are.

We may have only scratched the surface of the political tulipstorm. They've cancelled the Queen's Speech, obviously because that's a potential point where the minority government can be brought down. Democracy in action.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X