• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Tory party are about to split

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tory party are about to split

It looks like the Tories are about to split:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...theresa-may-eu

We will split. We hate each other,
    We will do whatever we need to do to kill hard Brexit. She does not have a mandate for it.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It looks like the Tories are about to split:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...theresa-may-eu

Slow news day on the Guardian duty desk!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Objectively, it seems to be a minority in the party that back a scorched earth approach on either side of the referendum result. They understand the alternative: Korbyn. For example, Hammond is spitting blood behind the scenes, "street fighting", but he was clearly following the White Paper line in public this morning. It could all fall apart, but I don't think any of them want Korbyn on their conscience and, let's be clear, he'd win in the near term.

Incidentally, do you want them to fall apart? Do you want Korbyn?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Objectively, it seems to be a minority in the party that back a scorched earth approach on either side of the referendum result. They understand the alternative: Korbyn. For example, Hammond is spitting blood behind the scenes, "street fighting", but he was clearly following the White Paper line in public this morning. It could all fall apart, but I don't think any of them want Korbyn on their conscience and, let's be clear, he'd win in the near term.

Incidentally, do you want them to fall apart? Do you want Korbyn?
        You do know that it is actually spelt Corbyn or should we start calling May ****?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          You do know that it is actually spelt Corbyn or should we start calling May ****?
          You can call her whatever you'd like. Indeed, I believe you do. Korbyn is an utterly disingenuous Marxist ****. Some of us are old enough (or pay sufficient attention) to remember precisely what an utter **** he is. Does that help?

Comment

You can call her whatever you'd like. Indeed, I believe you do. Korbyn is an utterly disingenuous Marxist ****. Some of us are old enough (or pay sufficient attention) to remember precisely what an utter **** he is. Does that help?
            He's still not as much of a **** as the current UK government and they're the ones leading you, Corbyn in fact has never been in power so there is no way of telling if he is a ****...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              He's still not as much of a **** as the current UK government and they're the ones leading you, Corbyn in fact has never been in power so there is no way of telling if he is a ****...
              And as we all know, they're not the ones leading YOU, so do feel free to take your ball to a different pitch and play with yourself.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Incidentally, do you want them to fall apart?
                Indeed I do, sasguru hit the nail on the head, what a shower of sh*t

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Indeed I do, sasguru hit the nail on the head, what a shower of sh*t

I think the tail has pretty much wagged itself free from the dog when you want a hard left gov't as the price for delivering a softer Brexit.

Comment

I think the tail has pretty much wagged itself free from the dog when you want a hard left gov't as the price for delivering a softer Brexit.

The Tory party are unable to govern and offer one option only of trashing the economy,

Nationalisation of the post office is daft indeed, but is harmless in comparison to the hard right stupidity of the Tories. In any case I don't believe Corbyn will get a majority, it will probably also be a minority government.

One of the reasons the UK is in this mess is because a substantial number of the older middle class voted for Brexit; it would be good for their soul to pay some extra taxes to help out some of the younger people they shat all over.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X