Zero-hours contracts Zero-hours contracts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default Zero-hours contracts

    Tory minister says he understands life on zero-hours contracts because he used to be £250-an-hour barrister


    Tory minister says he understands life on zero-hours contracts because he used to be £250-an-hour barrister | The Independent


  2. #2

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Tory minister says he understands life on zero-hours contracts because he used to be £250-an-hour barrister


    Tory minister says he understands life on zero-hours contracts because he used to be £250-an-hour barrister | The Independent

    Jesus wept (with laughter).

    Zero-hours contracts

  3. #3

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Tory minister says he understands life on zero-hours contracts because he used to be £250-an-hour barrister


    Tory minister says he understands life on zero-hours contracts because he used to be £250-an-hour barrister | The Independent

    There are lots of Tory jokes going around at the moment.

    Rachel Johnson says Theresa May is a victim of Grenfell - Rachel Johnson: 'Theresa May Is A Victim Of The Grenfell Fire As Well' - LBC
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  4. #4

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    There are lots of Tory jokes going around at the moment.

    Rachel Johnson says Theresa May is a victim of Grenfell - Rachel Johnson: 'Theresa May Is A Victim Of The Grenfell Fire As Well' - LBC
    Christ on a bike. There really is no need for satire anymore.

    They might have upset me, says May
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  5. #5

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Tory minister says he understands life on zero-hours contracts because he used to be £250-an-hour barrister


    Tory minister says he understands life on zero-hours contracts because he used to be £250-an-hour barrister | The Independent

    Oh FFS. When will these idiots learn to keep their gobs shut. Oh, and if he was only on £250, he must have been pretty sh*t.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  6. #6

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Oh FFS. When will these idiots learn to keep their gobs shut. Oh, and if he was only on £250, he must have been pretty sh*t.
    Depends what area of law he specialised in.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  7. #7

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer is a fount of knowledge

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Depends what area of law he specialised in.
    Wikipedia says:
    Opperman prosecuted and defended in a number of murder and rape trials.[citation needed]

    While a barrister, he did many years of pro bono work with the Western Circuit Free Representation Unit and the Bar Pro Bono Unit, providing free legal assistance in hundreds of cases on behalf of Victim Support and Citizens Advice Bureau. The Times named him "Lawyer of the Week" in 2007 and was awarded the Bar Pro Bono Award by the Attorney General, Lord Goldsmith QC, for his voluntary work on behalf of victims in Criminal Injuries Compensation Appeals. In 2009 the Attorney General, Baroness Scotland QC, presented him with a Pro Bono Hero award in the House of Commons for his work on preventing hospital closures. He is now a "door tenant" at 3PB and is no longer in active practice at the Bar having committed to being a full-time Member of Parliament.[5]
    You can also read about some of his cases here.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Opperman prosecuted and defended in a number of murder and rape trials.[citation needed]
    Legal aid = lower rates

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    While a barrister, he did many years of pro bono work with the Western Circuit Free Representation Unit and the Bar Pro Bono Unit, providing free legal assistance in hundreds of cases on behalf of Victim Support and Citizens Advice Bureau. The Times named him "Lawyer of the Week" in 2007 and was awarded the Bar Pro Bono Award by the Attorney General, Lord Goldsmith QC, for his voluntary work on behalf of victims in Criminal Injuries Compensation Appeals. In 2009 the Attorney General, Baroness Scotland QC, presented him with a Pro Bono Hero award in the House of Commons for his work on preventing hospital closures. He is now a "door tenant" at 3PB and is no longer in active practice at the Bar having committed to being a full-time Member of Parliament.[5]
    So why is he so fecking insensitive?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  9. #9

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Legal aid = lower rates



    So why is he so fecking insensitive?
    Because he's a reptilian overlord.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  10. #10

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,774

    Default

    So all contractors understand zero hours contracts?

    And so do prostitutes....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •