• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day of Rage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am not sure when the London property market last dropped. It was stable for a year or two in the bad times.
    Around 2007-2008 until around 2010.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Yep - you don't want to be arrested, kettled or at worse killed by some scum of a police officer...
      you been watching Policing the Met on BBC1?

Last week was the anon protest, the Police have to sit & take it all day and not hit back. They have bricks & fireworks thrown at them & others. Then one bloke who may be armed resists and ends up with a baton bump and its all their fault.

I wouldn't do it.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
        This is nothing. Wait till the London property market pops. There will be a middle class revolt. There will be project managed riots!
        Blue team I expect the graffiti to match the design document exactly.

Red team you seem to be behind with development I understand you didn't get the completely revised & approved design documents until last night but my Project plan says you should have finished this 3 weeks ago what have you been doing?

Tell us about it in the team meeting tomorrow at 8am. I'm off to schmooze the higher ups.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Last week was the anon protest, the Police have to sit & take it all day and not hit back. They have bricks & fireworks thrown at them & others. Then one bloke who may be armed resists and ends up with a baton bump and its all their fault.

I wouldn't do it.
          Having witnessed a couple of 'proper' riots I'm surprised the police are so restrained. If you're prepared to chuck shi7e, be prepared to get it back.

Comment

I wouldn't do it.
            Last time I was assaulted was by a policeman at a demo. It was all very friendly with a decent bunch of young officers and then a group of hard Bastards with their numbers removed from their lapels jumped out of the back of the van and started laying into people. This was in London. Policing outside of London tends to be much better.

Comment

Ahh the Met promotion program. I fell asleep during the last one.

That's cos the protesters were clearly not middle class enough.

I wouldn't do it.
              Seems the promotional program is a fail then!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Last time I was assaulted was by a policeman at a demo. It was all very friendly with a decent bunch of young officers and then a group of hard Bastards with their numbers removed from their lapels jumped out of the back of the van and started laying into people. This was in London. Policing outside of London tends to be much better.

Happens occasionally. It gives the police a very bad name.

Comment

He must have known you personally then.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That's why you have a good number of people clearly with video cameras at every protest.

The police do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      That's why you have a good number of people clearly with video cameras at every protest.

The police do the same.
                      Yep. Youtube hits.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X