• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What I have Missed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I have Missed?

So, been away for a while. What's been happening whilst I've been gone? Anything much....?
    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    So, been away for a while. What's been happening whilst I've been gone? Anything much....?
    The emergence of freeagent has made the sale of SJD look like the best idea since Tom Anderson sold myspace

Comment

MF is looking for new business opportunities, but not involving sledges or betting on a large Tory majority.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

What's been happening whilst I've been gone? Anything much....?
        I've become very cheerful, helpful and have become a respected member of the forum.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I've become very cheerful, helpful and have become a respected member of the forum.
          some may dispute the latter assertion

Comment

It's been a very pleasant transition to witness

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Brexiters gloated for a while, but after the GE have quietened down a bit.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Brexiters gloated for a while, but after the GE have quietened down a bit.
                However the remoaners haven't...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

No, but really, whats been happening?
                  P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Labour ran a general election campaign with the most economically illiterate manifesto seen in this island. The Tories ran a general election campaign based solely on the popularity and personality of an unappealing, politically-clueless, vulnerable-on-security-at-a-time-when-terror-attacks-were-happening PM.`The Lib Dems, seizing on the opportunity of the chaos in the two main parties, ran a campaign led by somebody who can't even figure out what his religious beliefs are, but talked about them anyway. And the SNP, with 37% of the vote in a campaign largely focused on whether or not there should be another Indyref, thinks they have a mandate. Incompetence, stupidity, and especially hubris all round. But the Tories are still going to run the country, still talk about fairness, still raise taxes, and continue to move further and further from any real conservative governance. And next time, with Corbyn still in charge, those who cast their votes Labour as a protest won't dare do it because they'll be afraid he might actually get in.

Terrorists killed more than 25 but less than 50 people. A fire killed more than 50, but probably less than 100 people. Road accidents in the same period probably killed more than the terrorists and the fire combined, but the terrorists and the fire get the headlines and will drive political action. Drunk drivers probably killed more than the terrorists. Drug overdoses and other drug-related deaths probably killed more people than the terrorists, the fire, and the road accidents combined. Alcoholism probably did, too. And there were probably several million smoking-related deaths in the UK during the same time period.

But we'll spend billions tearing down tower blocks, and we'll probably use the cost to justify more "fairness" taxes. And now, there is no tax triple-lock.

In other words, nothing really changed.

Comment

Working...
                    X