• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finsbury Park attack - terrorism or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arguing over whether it qualifies as terrorism or not is all a bit academic really. Doesn't change the fact that we have serious divisions in our society. Pursuing better integration is the best answer.

When people do mix more it reduces these tensions. Worked with some serious right wingers in the past who did not have the same attitude to the migrants they knew and liked.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 20 June 2017, 17:32.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      What a pointless thread.

Clearly the guy is not a terrorist, he isn't brown enough, doesn't have a beard and wasn't making the right kind of chants.

HTH

Let' all move on
      With irony, you are getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Arguing over whether it qualifies as terrorism or not is all a bit academic really. Doesn't change the fact that we have serious divisions in our society. Pursuing better integration is the best answer.

When people do mix more it reduces these tensions. Worked with some serious right wingers in the past who did not have the same attitude to the migrants they knew and liked.
        Today not the day for blame, say right-wing hatemongers

Comment

I rather liked this one

Finsbury Park suspect named as father-of-four Darren Osborne | Metro News

"Another neighbour said: ‘He had lived on the estate for a few years. He’s always been a complete c*** but this is really surprising.’"

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I rather liked this one

Finsbury Park suspect named as father-of-four Darren Osborne | Metro News

"Another neighbour said: ‘He had lived on the estate for a few years. He’s always been a complete c*** but this is really surprising.’"

I feel like that every time sas posts.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

I feel like that every time sas posts.
              You only feel bad because I'm right. In New York at the mo talking to old contacts. What's interesting is how all of them have written off good old Blighty as a non investable proposition :

But academic thickos like you have fook all understanding of the business world, clearly.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                The Islam Agenda is to be the worlds largest religion. That everyone should worship Allah the one & only.
                Islam is the only Religious + Political system, which means all religions and all types of political states are in it's aim.

Would you like a copy of my Quran which I have on my bookshelf and have read a few times to check that?
                You should be more pissed off at the Germans and French that came over here and changed your language so much that the words you now bash out with your club like fists or large forehead are a mixture of those languages.

Or perhaps you should be p!ssed at those damn homosapiens that diluted your Neanderthal brethrens genes to leave you effectively alone in a world of more intelligent and far less knuckle scraping better looking people.

Both have had a much bigger influence than "those Islamic" lot.
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  In New York at the mo talking to old contacts. What's interesting is how all of them have written off good old Blighty as a non investable proposition :
                  Thanks for the update. Always good to get the rather piquant views of those living rough on the streets of NY. Adds perspective.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    You should be more pissed off at the Germans and French that came over here and changed your language so much that the words you now bash out with your club like fists or large forehead are a mixture of those languages.

Or perhaps you should be p!ssed at those damn homosapiens that diluted your Neanderthal brethrens genes to leave you effectively alone in a world of more intelligent and far less knuckle scraping better looking people.

Both have had a much bigger influence than "those Islamic" lot.
                    Insightful argument.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Man Tasered by police at London Central Mosque - BBC News

"A man has been Tasered by police after reports people were being attacked at a London mosque just before 01:30 BST.
                      Officers said they acted after finding a man waving an "item" around near the London Central Mosque in Regent's Park."

"... the item being waved was a shoehorn."

Sounds very British.

Comment

Working...
                      X