• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap fuel near the M6?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Pretty sure In CUK Official Meme it was close to M4
    Bridgewater is in Somerset, off the M5. It's kind of like Alabama, but without the guns. You'd love it.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Not on the M6 but could be in your price range: https://www.daltonsbusiness.com/post...evon-uk/404562
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I'm going for a bit of a drive tomorrow and will need to stop off to fill up on the way. Any tips on petrol stations near the M6 that are reasonably priced?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Bridgewater is in Somerset, off the M5. It's kind of like Alabama, but without the guns. You'd love it.
          In the 50s and 60s, Alabama had the highest percentage of PhDs per capita in the US. There are still some areas where there are high percentages - for example, 8% of the population of Auburn have PhDs, 16% have a Masters and 32% have a Bachelors degree.

That's higher than Berkely, Mountain View, Boulder, Cupertino etc etc.

No idea how that compares to Bridgewater, but Alabama has some incredibly bright people there, some beautiful countryside, and some of the friendliest people I've met.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I'll be coming on to the M6 at the M42 and leaving it when it becomes the M74.
            So, you're headed nouth....?

Comment

I had a new oil fired central heating system put in last year and changed from gas oil (essentially same as red diesel) to Kerosene. Still got about 5 gallons of it - maybe I could put it in my van. What are chances of getting caught?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Alabama - one of my favourites:

https://youtu.be/ye5BuYf8q4o
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Alabama - one of my favourites:

https://youtu.be/ye5BuYf8q4o

I worked with a guy from Alabama who was an Oxford student on a placement or something. Bright guy, but as he put it once "I had to come over here to get a decent education. "
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I had a new oil fired central heating system put in last year and changed from gas oil (essentially same as red diesel) to Kerosene.
                    I think you have to add oil to it to get it close to diesel

Still got about 5 gallons of it - maybe I could put it in my van. What are chances of getting caught?
                    Many many moons ago I was summoned from my place of work as HMRC were requesting the presence of the owner of a LWB Land Rover parked outside, they then instructed me to open the fuel cap whence they proceeded to dip the contents of the tank to check for rebated diesel - which got me thinking about adding a second hidden tank and keeping a nominal amount of pukka diesel in the standard tank

... but speaking to an Irish chap he reckons the Guardia have some kind of testing paper that can detect the emissions from the dye in rebated diesel and they regularly walk up and down traffic queues in Paddy land sticking some kind of litmus paper over the exhaust so maybe that approach is no longer valid
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X