• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap fuel near the M6?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap fuel near the M6?

I'm going for a bit of a drive tomorrow and will need to stop off to fill up on the way. Any tips on petrol stations near the M6 that are reasonably priced?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm going for a bit of a drive tomorrow and will need to stop off to fill up on the way. Any tips on petrol stations near the M6 that are reasonably priced?
    For the day of rage? How many Molotov cocktails are you making?

Comment

Best fuel prices are near Bridgewater, just off M4...

Comment

Just outside Preston there's cheap fuel.

M6 is a long road - might need to be more specific about where you are intending to be travelling and where you might need to stop.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Just outside Preston there's cheap fuel.

M6 is a long road - might need to be more specific about where you are intending to be travelling and where you might need to stop.
          I'll be coming on to the M6 at the M42 and leaving it when it becomes the M74. I've got about enough fuel to get me to about Lancaster.
          Options are that I fill up near home, in which case I should make it to Scotland on a tank, or I fill up along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Yes, the services there get rave reviews on DoggingUK, although they say it's off the M5, not the M4.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Either your irony button just went off the scale or your UK geography is tulip.

Edit: Look for supermarkets close to M6 junctions. Warrington area has loads from memory. Avoid the m/way services, obviously, but then you knew that.
              Check https://www.petrolprices.com/
              You need to sign up (it's free) to see the prices.
              Last edited by Mordac; 20 June 2017, 12:37.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                For the day of rage? How many Molotov cocktails are you making?
                I've run out of Demerara, so it will be... none.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Either your irony button just went off the scale or your UK geography is tulip.
                  Pretty sure In CUK Official Meme it was close to M4

Comment

I'll be coming on to the M6 at the M42 and leaving it when it becomes the M74. I've got about enough fuel to get me to about Lancaster.
                    Options are that I fill up near home, in which case I should make it to Scotland on a tank, or I fill up along the way.
                    Sainsbury's, Bamber Bridge is about 111p for unleaded at the moment.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X