• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was your school this stupid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      Lack of common sense.
      I think the teachers just prefer to teach classes of hot stinky sweaty adolescents.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You can tell who this article is aimed at by the use of Farenheit.

I wore a blazer once, for the first day of high school, and then never again. So no, my school wasn't that stupid. But I can remember being made to go out and play in the snow in shorts, because that was the boys uniform in primary school.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I think the teachers just prefer to teach classes of hot stinky sweaty adolescents.

In 1972, my sister got sent home from primary school by the headmistress, for wearing tights during very cold weather in winter. My mum had a few words with the headmistress along the lines of "don't thou be such a bossy cow, Liz Shaw, I can knock thee down, tha' knows I can". It's fun when the parents went to school with the teachers when they were kids.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Except now we understand the importance of hydration on concentration and learning.
            That would be why millennials and young people today are well-known for being better-educated and having longer attention spans than us lot.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I followed the rules. I wore the summer uniform - just most of the year...

Comment

linky

Mine wasn't and had a special summer uniform which included t-shirts with school logo on, dresses and shorts.
                The mother could try and put her kids on a diet or feed them decent food. They are obese and will feel the heat more.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  That would be why millennials and young people today are well-known for being better-educated and having longer attention spans than us lot.
                  Are any young generation known for being better than the last one? Seems a lot of folk love getting off on the idea that they were somehow better.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I followed the rules. I wore the summer uniform - just most of the year...

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                      That first uniform on the left must be for St Trinians!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X