• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was your school this stupid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was your school this stupid?

linky

Mine wasn't and had a special summer uniform which included t-shirts with school logo on, dresses and shorts.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I seem to recall we had summer/winter uniform with some stipulations, unless the school give dispensation in extreme weather - which they always did.

On the other hand struggling with this kind of things is what made Britain great, some will no doubt say. People used to wear warm clothes in hot weather and in many nations, still do!

So plenty of angles to argue about
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The school my daughter goes to refused to allow pupils to refill water bottles after lunch time yesterday. They only allowed break & lunchtime refills and policed the water cooler

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        linky

Mine wasn't and had a special summer uniform which included t-shirts with school logo on, dresses and shorts.
        At my school if the temperature went over 100F they let us loosen our wing collars and not wear top hats.

sasguru
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My school had a penis on the roof - not any more though.
          Last edited by TheFaQQer; 20 June 2017, 14:03.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Whereas most of us presumably went to schools where the idea of drinking water during lessons would be ridiculous... "not able to refill water bottles" indeed.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              The school my daughter goes to refused to allow pupils to refill water bottles after lunch time yesterday. They only allowed break & lunchtime refills and policed the water cooler
              Why? In case they have water fights?

We did but after school.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Whereas most of us presumably went to schools where the idea of drinking water during lessons would be ridiculous... "not able to refill water bottles" indeed.
                Except now we understand the importance of hydration on concentration and learning.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  linky

Oh I see. Another person who doesn't want to follow the rules.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Oh I see. Another person who doesn't want to follow the rules.
                    I followed the rules. I wore the summer uniform - just most of the year...

Comment

Working...
                    X