• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So will the Queens Speech pass today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the royalists like the idea of The Queen's Speech? If there's any merit to having a hereditary* head of state it's that she's independent of politics, and having her read out a speech written by the government is the complete opposite.

*Took me 6 goes to spell that.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Do the royalists like the idea of The Queen's Speech? If there's any merit to having a hereditary* head of state it's that she's independent of politics, and having her read out a speech written by the government is the complete opposite.

*Took me 6 goes to spell that.
      Like an independent nuclear deterrent, if it all goes to tulip, Lizzy will wield a mace in one hand and an orb in the other, and sort the proles in the commons out.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Yup, I think it is a Remainer chapeau

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

I think the Queen's pro-EU, she just thinks we should own it rather be a member of it.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I think the Queen's pro-EU, she just thinks we should own it rather be a member of it.
            In fairness her ancestors did!
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
            X