• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury - la la la

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    One of two friends in a wheelchair makes a full time hobby of going out and about being a full-time nuisance especially trying to gain access in to shops and checkout that have too smaller isles.
    Good for them. Just because you have a disability - why should you miss out?

You're a long time dead. Keep telling my old man (82) this. Hes been invited on a cruise but wont got because he thinks the insurance will be expensive (hes loaded though) and it'll be too much for him. Admitedly, he walks with a stick and cant walk far but there are worse off than him but hey ho.

If he was in a wheelchair he'd just never leave the house. Hes weird like that.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

One of two friends in a wheelchair makes a full time hobby of going out and about being a full-time nuisance especially trying to gain access in to shops and checkout that have too smaller isles.
      Good to hear he's out & about

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

You're a long time dead. Keep telling my old man (82) this. Hes been invited on a cruise but wont got because he thinks the insurance will be expensive (hes loaded though) and it'll be too much for him. Admitedly, he walks with a stick and cant walk far but there are worse off than him but hey ho.

Disability affect everyone difference both mentally & physically.

For those that can use a wheelchair (not everyone has the arm strength to use a wheelchair independently) - Some view a wheelchair as a means of transport others see it as an admission of defeat or confirmation that they are one step from death .
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Good on him or her. Thing is if s/he has difficultly getting access then people who are able-bodied but have a leg injury, are dragging kids with them or leading a special needs adult will also have difficulty.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...eeding-a-medic

15,000 at Glastonbury set record for biggest human peace sign

Comment

A good friend in her 40's who is very disabled with MS went on a cruise with a friend two years ago. She'll never be able to do anything like that again, so you need to live while you can (accepting as HJ says psychological impact as well).

My grandad in his 80s and in the '80s worked out it was nearly cheaper to go on a two month winter package holiday to Spain (dead cheap off season) every year than it was to heat the house. Had a great time every year and picked himself up a girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              A good friend in her 40's who is very disabled with MS went on a cruise with a friend two years ago. She'll never be able to do anything like that again, so you need to live while you can (accepting as HJ says psychological impact as well).

My grandad in his 80s and in the '80s worked out it was nearly cheaper to go on a two month winter package holiday to Spain (dead cheap off season) every year than it was to heat the house. Had a great time every year and picked himself up a girlfriend.
              Exactly - you're a long time dead as I keep telling my old man. Hes disabled and does struggle a bit. Had chance to go to Spain for a week recently. He was dead keen to go but needed travel insurance so I got him a quote - £200. Thought this wasnt too bad considering his age etc.

Bugger refused to pay this (daylight robbery he said) even though hes loaded and could easily afford.

Much respect for the people I saw at glasto in wheelchairs etc who crack on live life as best they can. No chance of my old man!

Comment

Exactly - you're a long time dead as I keep telling my old man. Hes disabled and does struggle a bit. Had chance to go to Spain for a week recently. He was dead keen to go but needed travel insurance so I got him a quote - £200. Thought this wasnt too bad considering his age etc.

Bugger refused to pay this (daylight robbery he said) even though hes loaded and could easily afford.

Much respect for the people I saw at glasto in wheelchairs etc who crack on live life as best they can. No chance of my old man!
                My Grandad's 94 and he still travels as much as he can.

He lives in NZ and is only not coming back to the UK this year, as his dog has gone blind
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Why not treat him? It's not like he's had an easy life.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Why not treat him? It's not like he's had an easy life.
                    Any attempt to pay for things for him results in even more grief when he kicks off. Hes worse if someone else spends money on him. Otherwise I'd just go and buy it.

Bought him new microwave once because old one was playing up. He moaned so much I had to send it back!

Comment

Any attempt to pay for things for him results in even more grief when he kicks off. Hes worse if someone else spends money on him. Otherwise I'd just go and buy it.

Bought him new microwave once because old one was playing up. He moaned so much I had to send it back!
                      How was Glasto?

Comment

Working...
                      X