• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State Funeral

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Monarchy really needs to be allowed to end. No one will replace the calibre of the Queen, she's the last of an era. The world has moved on and so should we.
    You are right. The Queen is the last of the royal diplomats. The remainder of the royal family are Hooray Henrys and hangers on. Time to go.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      62p is bullsh*t as the Buckingham palace refurb alone will cost £362M . How many apartment towers could be made fire safe for that amount?
      Tourists will come without a royal family as well, just check France
      And yes I pay (way too much) tax in the UK and you Corbyn voters will make it worse.
      Do write to those nice people at the Telegraph and tell them they got it wrong. Show them your reasons.

Queen's income rises again as cost of Royal family is 62p per person in the UK 

Oh goody politicisation of a tragedy to win arguments nice! - straight out of the lefty playbook.

I'm a JezzyBull supporter?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        You are right. The Queen is the last of the royal diplomats. The remainder of the royal family are Hooray Henrys and hangers on. Time to go.
        Worth a watch

BBC One - The Truth About..., HIV

I think it just skipped a generation.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Monarchy really needs to be allowed to end. No one will replace the calibre of the Queen, she's the last of an era. The world has moved on and so should we.
          Every time the world moves on in any way you complain about not liking it.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              Poor taste, if you're alluding to what I think you are.
              It is. If you didn't point out I'm confident that this thread would end in a bad direction.

Comment

The Queen is very old. Brexit is likely to take several years. So the odds are she might never get to see what's on the other side of this mess... and that her death will completely cock up the final stages of negotiations as the entire world goes crazy for months.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Well Brexit is about moving backwards -

Did I miss something?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well Brexit is about moving backwards -

Did I miss something?
                    Queens speech included more than that.

Banning letting agents fees.

Mmm that's it.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X