Prince Philip in private hospital Prince Philip in private hospital
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16

Super poster

Eirikur - scorchio!

Default Prince Philip in private hospital

Duke of Edinburgh admitted to hospital with infection - BBC News

Why is it not ok for politicians in the UK to send their children to private schools and use private hospitals, but when it comes to the royal family no one even dares to make a remark about it?

King Edward VII - London's Private Hospital

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

If they were sent to an NHS hospital the amount of security they would need would be too much.

Then there would be the issue of their medical records. A nurse has already killed herself due to revealing stuff about the Duchess of Cambridge - we don't want any more.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

you would prefer he went to the local NHS hospital and they closed 3 wings down to preserve security and the state paid for his treatment?

You can imagine the anti monarchists having a field day with that.

Police officers all over and wards shut down for just one spoilt privileged royal. Its disgusting if I paid any tax I would withold it!

Or they can take over a small hospital that is probably designed to be secured and pay for it out of his own money so it has the least impact.....
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

Eirikur - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    you would prefer he went to the local NHS hospital and they closed 3 wings down to preserve security and the state paid for his treatment?

You can imagine the anti monarchists having a field day with that.

Police officers all over and wards shut down for just one spoilt privileged royal. Its disgusting if I paid any tax I would withold it!

Or they can take over a small hospital that is probably designed to be secured and pay for it out of his own money so it has the least impact.....
    It's the hypocrisy. When the press finds out a politician sends a kid to a private school they have a field day, when it comes to royals no one ever dares to mention anything

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Duke of Edinburgh admitted to hospital with infection - BBC News

Why is it not ok for politicians in the UK to send their children to private schools and use private hospitals, but when it comes to the royal family no one even dares to make a remark about it?

King Edward VII - London's Private Hospital
    It is OK. But the royal family don't need to kowtow to public opinion to remain in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

It's the hypocrisy. When the press finds out a politician sends a kid to a private school they have a field day, when it comes to royals no one ever dares to mention anything
    Again it's for security reasons the Royals go private. Wills and Harry went to a state infant school but it was in some little village.

Private schools are use to foreign royals going to them.

Labour politicians get ripped to pieces as they talk about state education being good enough for everyone else then go private. Tory ones never do that.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 21st June 2017 at 12:32.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

NHS have too many foreign nurses. Though I suppose it would give DoE lots of opportunities to indulge in his hobby.

vetran is always on top

And they are comparable how?

As mentioned above it is done for practical reasons and as a side benefit it saves the public money.

of course we could do this

MPs get special treatment at NHS hospital to keep them away from members of public | UK | News | Express.co.uk

SCANDAL: MPs get free VIP service at NHS hospital to protect them from members of public

MEMBERS of Parliament are getting secretive VIP treatment at an NHS hospital to help them avoid mixing with ordinary patients, it has been revealed.

By JAKE BURMAN
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

When the press finds out a politician sends a kid to a private school they have a field day,
    They have a field day when the politician, usually Labour, has previously publicly supported abolishing private schools.

... when it comes to royals no one ever dares to mention anything
    Rubbish. Over the years the press has often been critical of people like Prince Charles and Prince Andrew, among others.

I'd guess the D of E's gammy eye was just a result of this hot weather, maybe sweat building up behind his reading specs. I doubt if he'll die just from that, but who can say?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    If they were sent to an NHS hospital the amount of security they would need would be too much.

Then there would be the issue of their medical records. A nurse has already killed herself due to revealing stuff about the Duchess of Cambridge - we don't want any more.
    Plus if they went NHS, he's bound to snuff it as it's been horribly underfunder by the Tories.

Maggie, Maggie, Maggie. Out! Out! Out!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!