• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to cut benefits?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I quoted the prices from Lewisham and Peckham because my very good friend's dad was buying them at the time. While others were buying in 'posh parts' he was busy hoovering them up in inner south London. Back then he used to drive in a wreck of a Peugeot 205. Now he collects his rent in a brand-new Bentley Continental GT Speed. Such are the times.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      I presume you are referring to high taxation levels.

Comment

All very well saying we should work for the many but there's just too darn many of them!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I presume you are referring to high taxation levels.
          BTL has been a cancer at the heart of our economy for too long.

Governments of all colours have fuelled it, schmoozed it, and even benefited personally from it.

So now future generations are literally fvcked.

Yeah, I'd tax the tulip out of BTL.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            People based in London or any other city no where near farms cannot go and do those jobs instead they can do retail, cleaning, care, hotel and security jobs.
            Yes they can.

Nobody has a god given right live in their 'chosen city', and if that city happens to be one of the most expensive on the planet, tough tulip.

They either need to cross train into something where they can then afford to live where they please, or move on and follow the labour market.

Actually this would kill two birds with one stone. 1) Move the lazy tw*ts from their DSS HMO rented properties near the city centre to rented accomodation where they can afford to live from their income on a fruit farm. 2) That city house gets sold on the open market to a working family.
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              BTL has been a cancer at the heart of our economy for too long.

Governments of all colours have fuelled it, schmoozed it, and even benefited personally from it.

So now future generations are literally fvcked.

Yeah, I'd tax the tulip out of BTL.
              I'd suggest a few years of sensible inflation and a bit of extra tax might do a better job. Loopy taxing of anything has unforeseen consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                Yes they can.

Nobody has a god given right live in their 'chosen city', and if that city happens to be one of the most expensive on the planet, tough tulip.

They either need to cross train into something where they can then afford to live where they please, or move on and follow the labour market.

Actually this would kill two birds with one stone. 1) Move the lazy tw*ts from their DSS HMO rented properties near the city centre to rented accomodation where they can afford to live from their income on a fruit farm. 2) That city house gets sold on the open market to a working family.
                Just remember all the poor are deserving.

Comment

I'd suggest a few years of sensible inflation and a bit of extra tax might do a better job. Loopy taxing of anything has unforeseen consequences.
                  That would work for me too. Anything to restore balance.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                    Yes they can.

Absolutely - if you are going to get a free house do not expect to choose where it is.

It is time we stopped pandering to these people and started making them productive members of society.

It will take a approx 1 generation for people to realise that if they are not going to support themselves then they will become a ward of the state and be treated as such.

Also bring back workhouses!

Comment

Time to cut benefits?

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Absolutely - if you are going to get a free house do not expect to choose where it is.

It is time we stopped pandering to these people and started making them productive members of society.

It will take a approx 1 generation for people to realise that if they are not going to support themselves then they will become a ward of the state and be treated as such.

Also bring back workhouses!
                      What about a London Fire Fighter.

Should they be able to afford somewhere to live near where they work?

Comment

Working...
                      X