• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Donald Tusk dreams UK will stay in the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    you represent the minority no the majority

very happy for you that the cancer was caught, and wishing all the best for the future

all the best

Milan.
    I would suggest that the reason 52% voted against the status quo is precisely because they consider the potential upside better than the current down side.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

how many of the 52% actually wanted to leave, and understood what leaving mean't ?

I'll put money on another EU referendum !

You second referendum deniers can say what you think.

Milan.

Comment

how many of the 52% actually wanted to leave, and understood what leaving mean't ?

I'll put money on another EU referendum !

You second referendum deniers can say what you think.

Milan.
        Interesting question. I actually would have preferred to stay in a radically reformed EU.

We may have a referendum vote on soft vs hard brexit, but unless there is a reformed offer to put back to the UK people to remain in a reformed position, then I don't see the justification for a second referendum. Nothing has changed which would warrant it.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          I would suggest that the reason 52% voted against the status quo is precisely because they consider the potential upside better than the current down side.
          Sorry however I strongly disagree. Most people who voted had no idea what they were voting for.

In particular, most who voted leave wanted to give DC a kicking.

We have gone Blair, Brown, Cameron, May. At this rate it will be sassy next....

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Well they must be relieved that millions of Turks aren't able to migrate to the UK any more. I remember a friend's partner (now ex-partner) laughing at my naivety for rejecting his certain view that Turkey was joining the EU in 2017 and there was nothing France or any other country could do to stop it, and that this would lead to millions of Turks moving tho the UK.

Comment

They must also be relieved that our funds can't be used to support the building of a factory to make Ford Transits in Turkey instead of Southampton. Ford took a grant from the EU to do that. Just to make this clear.

The UK paid money into a fund to remove a manufacturing plant out of the UK.

Things like this make people like me vote leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                They must also be relieved that our funds can't be used to support the building of a factory to make Ford Transits in Turkey instead of Southampton. Ford took a grant from the EU to do that. Just to make this clear.

The UK paid money into a fund to remove a manufacturing plant out of the UK.

Things like this make people like me vote leave.
                Yep...not quite true...

A related claim by Pro-Brexit Euro-MP Daniel Hannan that “the EU gave Ford a grant to relocate from Southampton to Turkey” is tendentious. In 2012 Ford did receive a loan from the European Investment Bank (EIB), an EU institution, of around £150 million for a factory in Turkey. The loan was not to relocate, as Hannan says, though it occurred around the same time as Ford chose to close its factory in Southampton.
                Notably, the bank lent Ford £450 million in 2010 to develop a new generation of greener vehicles in the UK.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Yep...not quite true...
                  True enough. Until Ford got the loan there was no evidence, only rumours that the factory at Southampton was closing. Consequences. It was making money, supporting a local economy.

Comment

Parliamentary arithmetic doesn't add up for a Hard Brexit. The Tory MPs Anna Soubry, Nicky Morgan, Kenneth Clark and the Scottish Conservatives will vote it down. Kenneth Clark even voted against article 50. Anna Soubry has repeatedly said that she is waiting for an important vote to sabotage it. The GE was the chance for a Hard Brexit and they blew it. The name of the game is delaying tactics, where the House of Lords will play its role as well , i.e. push the UK into a transitional deal and kick the can into the long grass until "Brexit" has blown itself out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7805581.html
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 June 2017, 09:24.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Mordy, mate, as Squarepeg said, he's only being polite, and trying to give you all an opportunity to save face, keep your pride and shift from the hole you are all digging and mistake you're walking in to.

Milan.
                      Translation: He needs our cash, Juncker's just placed another bulk deal with his wine merchant...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X