• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU citizens latest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Oh come one. 1 Brit is worth 10 of any Johnny Foreigner.
    That is only when they are armed with sharpened fruit.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      The majority of the Brits in the EU are affluent retirees plus a smattering of low grade itinerant IT workers who couldn't quite hack it in the UK.

The retirees will die off in the near term and it would be foolish of countries like Spain to cut themselves off from that source of income
      What I want to know is why so many European contractors are so bothered for us here in the UK? It's very kind of them to worry.
      Last edited by The_Equalizer; 23 June 2017, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        The majority of the Brits in the EU are affluent retirees plus a smattering of low grade itinerant IT workers who couldn't quite hack it in the UK.
        What, like this bloke: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

As the Mash is the only news outlet that makes sense in these troubling times:

Survive five years in this twat factory and you’re in for life, EU citizens told

Survive five years in this twat factory and you're in for life, EU citizens told
          23-06-17

EU CITIZENS have been told if they can manage five consecutive years in the twat factory that is Britain, they can stay for life.

The generous offer means that after just half-a-decade of residence EU nationals would be fully entitled to work, pensions, NHS care and housing, none of which will at that point exist.

Marcus Büchner, a German living in Birmingham, said: “It is the same basic principle as the Hunger Games.

“Survive Britain, kill all those who are trying to kill you, abandon your civilised values and be granted a reward that could not ever be worth the price you paid.

“What terrible things will have happened to me after five years? Will I enjoy bitter? Will I support Aston Villa? Will I understand what the **** the point of Coronation Street is?

“Congratulations, Britain. You have called our bluff. Five years here would be an eternity. We will all go back to our countries that are nice.”

Comment

The latest news is that the UK proposition it's a first step but not enough.

The UK needs to work harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

I thought the UK can now do what it wants. Isn't that the whole point?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

No. The EU needs to move next.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  The UK could always do what it wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    That's the last thing the UK wants. Like Greece the UK wants to blame everyone else without acknowledging their faults that led them to their indebtedness.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      That's the last thing the UK wants. Like Greece the UK wants to blame everyone else without acknowledging their faults that led them to their indebtedness.
                      EU economic policy always favours Germany. When Greece needed high interest rates it got low ones as that was what Germany needed. And vica versa.

Comment

Working...
                      X