• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU free movement under attack from MACRON

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU free movement under attack from MACRON

European Union: Free movement under attack from Macron | World | News | Express.co.uk

In an attack on free movement, Europhile Mr Macron said he will restrict the foreign workers in France if they failed to pay full French labour taxes.

The east Europeans, who are often employed in the building trade under a special EU regulation on temporary contract, are subject to their home country’s payroll taxes rather than the higher charges to French workers.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    European Union: Free movement under attack from Macron | World | News | Express.co.uk

In an attack on free movement, Europhile Mr Macron said he will restrict the foreign workers in France if they failed to pay full French labour taxes.

The east Europeans, who are often employed in the building trade under a special EU regulation on temporary contract, are subject to their home country’s payroll taxes rather than the higher charges to French workers.
    That's the way to do it, Call-me-Dave.

Can the UK do the same for retrospectively defined tax evaders?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Probably not allowed to do that.

And the German sorry EU army will enforce that.

If anyone has property on or near the Maginot line now may be the time to sell...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

If anyone has property on or near the Maginot line now may be the time to sell...
        It's a good job we have Civ 5 expert to advise on such matters.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Stop talking down the Glorious EU5th Reich
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            It's a good job we have Civ 5 expert to advise on such matters.
            Indeed you should be grateful for my astounding insight.

Comment

I was worried about the availability of custom cans for my full dresser there for a minute

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                That's the way to do it, Call-me-Dave.

Can the UK do the same for retrospectively defined tax evaders?
                He tried that, and they laughed at him. The French, on the other hand, are in the special club, so they do get listened to.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  I was worried about the availability of custom cans for my full dresser there for a minute
                  Is that a euphemism for something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    He tried that, and they laughed at him. The French, on the other hand, are in the special club, so they do get listened to.
                    Cheese eating surrender monkeys?

Comment

Working...
                    X