• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury - Radiohead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Foo Fighters are currently killing it on the Pyramid stage.

This ^^^ Worth the ticket price on their own so far.

Radiohead were mince!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Man that sucks. What were they thinking? Probably too much thinking.

Has anyone driven a crowd like this man since his passing?

Prophetic ... Foo Fighters singing Queen
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

T'was a bit special

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          I only recognise the Dead Kennedys from that list, getting too old
          Aren't they dead, though?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Aren't they dead, though?
            Nah, Jello just doesn't play with them anymore though. However he does have hos own band and guests with other bands who also happen to be at Glastonbury...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sorry doesn't do it for me. Foo Fighter are the new Styx or Kansas or Toto

Foo Fighters are boring. Plain and simple. Their only interesting album was their first (which was mainly a demo type deal apparently although I felt the songs were quite accomplished), because it was kinda interesting and different.

Colour and The Shape was where they began to become generic, sure some excellent songs on there like Everlong but it was a move towards a bigger and in my opinion duller sound. From there it was all down hill. Im not a fan at all (except that first album) although I quite like Nirvana. To me the Foo Fighters just don't have the interest/wow factor, and their music just sounds the same in a lot of cases (including the newer big hits). They are not edgy or pushing boundaries in any way, they are just a stadium rock band for the easy listening crowd. They are ok live but certainly not the amazing live band lots of people give them credit for either. Hands down the best work Dave Grohl has done post Nirvana is Queens of the Stone Age. Foos are not even on the radar IMO.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Foo Fighters are boring. Plain and simple. Their only interesting album was their first (which was mainly a demo type deal apparently although I felt the songs were quite accomplished), because it was kinda interesting and different.

Colour and The Shape was where they began to become generic, sure some excellent songs on there like Everlong but it was a move towards a bigger and in my opinion duller sound. From there it was all down hill. Im not a fan at all (except that first album) although I quite like Nirvana. To me the Foo Fighters just don't have the interest/wow factor, and their music just sounds the same in a lot of cases (including the newer big hits). They are not edgy or pushing boundaries in any way, they are just a stadium rock band for the easy listening crowd. They are ok live but certainly not the amazing live band lots of people give them credit for either. Hands down the best work Dave Grohl has done post Nirvana is Queens of the Stone Age. Foos are not even on the radar IMO.
                Largely agree with this. Back when anyone gave a tulip about music videos, Everlong was pretty damn good However, Josh Homme is in a different league IMO.

Comment

Don't sit on the fence, tell us how you really feel
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    A wankfest on Puffin Island..

Glad I didn't pay to see that shiite.....
                    Loved this, so true:

Comment

Loved this, so true:

Didn't they also applaud Corbyn thinking he was a viable politician?

Fookwits the lot of 'em

Comment

Working...
                      X