• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury - Radiohead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glastonbury - Radiohead

A wankfest on Puffin Island..

Glad I didn't pay to see that shiite.....
    Last edited by Troll; 23 June 2017, 22:59. Reason: the dots have it
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    A wankfest on Puffin Island..

Glad I didn't pay to see that tulipe
    Could have been worse, could have been Coldplay....

I went to see Kate Bush here in Dublin, well, Cloudbusting - a tribute band despite vowing never going to see a tribute band I gave in.

It was shiite.....

First and last tribute band, never again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Test

It was shiite.....
      You can use a 'síneadh fada' too - shít...

Though circumventing the swear filter is a bannable offence, though it's not actually the same word since the naughty word doesn't have two i's or an i with a fada in it...

Comment

Agree. It got a bit better at the end, when they played the stuff people actually knew, but it was otherwise deeply tedious.
        And I know it's not cool to say you like Coldplay, but they were good last year, and I saw them at Wembley a week or so before. I guess you have to be a certain age...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Agree. It got a bit better at the end, when they played the stuff people actually knew, but it was otherwise deeply tedious.
          And I know it's not cool to say you like Coldplay, but they were good last year, and I saw them at Wembley a week or so before. I guess you have to be a certain age...
          Totally agree.

I saw Radiohead a few years ago at Malahide Castle in Dublin. Had to drive to get there and for two hours the local radio played only Radiohead, it was a fantastic drive singing along to all the hits. Went to the gig the next night and for two hours didn't recognise a single song they played. Tits.

Comment

You lot sound really old

Most of the songs they played last night are 10+ years old so no excuses for not having heard them before. With Spotify Free there really isn't any reason not to put on a playlist and listen to them all.

BTW the remastered OK Computer album sounds great inc. the three unreleased songs from the same era so well worth a gander.

Comment

If Coldplay are the new ELP are Radiohead the new Yes
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Gordon Bennet! Its supposed to be a MUSIC event not another lefty nut event.

Jeremy Corbyn at Glastonbury: Labour leader gives rousing speech before Run The Jewels set | The Independent
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Gordon Bennet! Its supposed to be a MUSIC event not another lefty nut event.

Jeremy Corbyn at Glastonbury: Labour leader gives rousing speech before Run The Jewels set | The Independent
                  I thought that... What a scumbag.. Politicizing a music festival. Is there no level he won't stoop to.

Eavis has just gone down massively in my estimation.
                  Last edited by Dark Black; 24 June 2017, 16:38.
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    I thought that... What a scumbag.. Politicizing a music festival. Is there no level he won't stoop to.

Eavis has just gone down massively in my estimation.
                    It was Lord Buckethead yesterday introducing Sleaford Mods so there is at least cross party or shall we say cross galactic representation

Comment

Working...
                    X