• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drove past Greenfell tower this morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Are you actually asking that CUK posts should be backed up by sources or evidence?

If that is the case, could mod decisions be backed up by evidence?
    Haha.
    Perhaps if mods were implying/stating that people died due to them doing something illegal, and that the local council is not responsible, then yes, I'd expect evidence to be supplied.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Owlhoot has posted things like this recently, but refuses to provide any sources or evidence. ...
      You're wilfully (or stupidly) reading too much into what I said, which was that I had heard one or two rumours and didn't know if they were true. Quite probably, as NF said, the rumours are bollocks, and I don't dispute that.

But the main point I meant to make was that _if_ there was some discreditable (e.g. crazy cooking technique) or criminal (e.g. growing or brewing drugs) reason for the fire then we wouldn't be told. Anyone who disputes that is the gullible cretin, not me!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        You're wilfully (or stupidly) reading too much into what I said, which was that I had heard one or two rumours and didn't know if they were true. Quite probably, as NF said, the rumours are bollocks, and I don't dispute that.

But the main point I meant to make was that _if_ there was some discreditable (e.g. crazy cooking technique) or criminal (e.g. growing or brewing drugs) reason for the fire then we wouldn't be told. Anyone who disputes that is the gullible cretin, not me!
        Oh we would find out.

Remember we can get English news from outside the UK thanks to the internet, and some of those media outlets have nothing to do with the British Establishment.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Oh we would find out.

Remember we can get English news from outside the UK thanks to the internet, and some of those media outlets have nothing to do with the British Establishment.
          Indeed. Wikileaks showed just how boring most government stuff is. Instead of stories about how we are run by GALS we heard that Hilary Clinton did not like the Iraqi ambassador or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

The risk of a fire starting always exists. The problem here is the manner in which it spread up the outside of the building, you chunt.

Comment

Working...
            X