• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Independence Vote Shelved Until Autumn 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottish Independence Vote Shelved Until Autumn 2018

When is she going to work out the Scots just don't want this!

Talk about banging your head against a brick wall

Nicola Sturgeon has abandoned her demands for a new Scottish independence referendum before the Brexit deal is signed, after her party suffered heavy defeats in the general election.

The first minister told Holyrood she accepted there was no popular support in Scotland for a second vote on independence, and that legislation to hold one would be delayed until at least autumn 2018.
    Sturgeon told MSPs on Tuesday she and her party had failed to persuade enough voters that independence was the right solution. “We haven’t done that yet but I have no doubt that we can,” she said.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nce-referendum

The Chunt of Chunts.

“We haven’t done that yet but I have no doubt that we can,”
    She really is weapons-grade dim-witted.

No wonder knuckleheads like scooter and TM "rally to her banner".

The wheel is still turning but the hamster is dead!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      She really is weapons-grade dim-witted.
      The WGD controls a majority government. Something the PM can only dream of.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What about whether the UK want the Scots?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What about whether the UK want the Scots?
          Well you don't want the 743 million people on continental Europe so you probably don't give a monkeys about the 5 million living upstairs.

When did little England become so little?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Well you don't want the 743 million people on continental Europe so you probably don't give a monkeys about the 5 million living upstairs.

When did little England become so little?
            I thought you wanted Scotland to leave?

Or do you just want to whine?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I thought you wanted Scotland to leave?

Or do you just want to whine?
              Scotland would be better off remaining an EU member. Very few members of my own family talk about Brexit anymore, they are defeated and exhausted and yet know leaving the EU is going to screw them over. Feel sorry for them.

Comment

Scotland would be better off remaining an EU member. Very few members of my own family talk about Brexit anymore, they are defeated and exhausted and yet know leaving the EU is going to screw them over. Feel sorry for them.
                Actually, I don't think Scotland would be better off remaining a European Union member. It would be better off remaining within the European Economic Area, along with the rest of us.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

So basically you come from a long line of losers then? Well that explains a lot.........Eeyore!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

London : 'we're holding a referendum to leave the Eureopean union
                    Please correct the spelling in your sig, it's constantly offending my eyes .
                    For someone that bangs on about the European Union so much you should at least know how to spell it.

Thanks.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X