Cashing in My Chips, The Final Curtain. Cashing in My Chips, The Final Curtain. - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 70
  1. #21

    Fingers like lightning

    redgiant is good enough for Jehovah!

    redgiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pond Hopping
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Good luck. I've been looking and have had offers in New York, Berlin and Switzerland. BUt difficult to move with a family, so mulling things over for now.
    Moving is right, this country is fooked for the immediate future. Brexit will fook it and Corbyn will finish it off with a cream pie.
    I would pick NYC out of those three. Lots going on here despite all the doom and gloom from Trumpton/Washington DC.

  2. #22

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redgiant View Post
    I would pick NYC out of those three. Lots going on here despite all the doom and gloom from Trumpton/Washington DC.
    Me too for the experience.

    Funnily enough there seems to be a real shortage in great skills in what I do in NYC.
    I know this as I have interviewed a fair few guys for roles there, contract and perm.

    I don't think it would be difficult to shine there.

  3. #23

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redgiant View Post
    I would pick NYC out of those three. Lots going on here despite all the doom and gloom from Trumpton/Washington DC.
    Never met sas have you?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  4. #24

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Good luck MMM. Hope your plan works out. Mate of mine went over 10 years ago now and he loves it. He'll never come back.
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  5. #25

    Fingers like lightning

    redgiant is good enough for Jehovah!

    redgiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pond Hopping
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Me too for the experience.

    Funnily enough there seems to be a real shortage in great skills in what I do in NYC.
    I know this as I have interviewed a fair few guys for roles there, contract and perm.

    I don't think it would be difficult to shine there.
    It's the real crossroads of the world (and this is coming from a Londoner) and also a great place to work. I am working with three clientcos at the moment all in different industries. Exciting times

  6. #26

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,580

    Default

    When I said I was leaving you all told me to fook off and not come back.

    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  7. #27

    Banned

    Fronttoback 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redgiant View Post
    It's the real crossroads of the world (and this is coming from a Londoner) and also a great place to work. I am working with three clientcos at the moment all in different industries. Exciting times
    Problem with banking contracting in NY is the rates are not high but the costs are very high to live there. It would be a good laugh though, messing around on Wall St for a bit.

  8. #28

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redgiant View Post
    I would pick NYC out of those three. Lots going on here despite all the doom and gloom from Trumpton/Washington DC.
    Yes just got back. With all the turmoil in the health industry the market is booming.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  9. #29

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    When I said I was leaving you all told me to fook off and not come back.

    I didn't. But I was away that week...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  10. #30

    Fingers like lightning

    redgiant is good enough for Jehovah!

    redgiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pond Hopping
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes just got back. With all the turmoil in the health industry the market is booming.
    Yes and it's set to continue for a lot longer too. Even if the BCRA bill passes in the senate there will be many legal cases raised. The courts are going to be swamped for years with this and all the other legislation that is being planned or has been stalled by the courts already. Lots of analysis & modeling work to be carried out over the coming years.
    Last edited by redgiant; 27th June 2017 at 20:55.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •