• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cashing in My Chips, The Final Curtain.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when the going gets tough you brick it and leave? Does this departure contribute to Brexit brain drain or brain gain?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      So when the going gets tough you brick it and leave? Does this departure contribute to Brexit brain drain or brain gain?
      I'm different to you, I see going to NZ as a really good opportunity.

The Mrs. and I should be able to get jobs there £100K+, maybe even relocation.
      Invest some money and do a little building, I have all the contacts there.

As for your second point, I'll leave you to work it through, alone
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Good luck!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Good luck!
          Still here for a few more months as I have to plan the trip, maybe up to 6 months, that we are having before we even reach NZ.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So when the going gets tough you brick it and leave?
            Says Lord Loser of Loserdom, first in line to the Duchy of D*ckheadonia!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              I'm different to you, I see going to NZ as a really good opportunity.

The Mrs. and I should be able to get jobs there £100K+, maybe even relocation.
              Invest some money and do a little building, I have all the contacts there.

As for your second point, I'll leave you to work it through, alone
              £100k , as in Sterling? What would be your equivalent permie salary in the UK?

Just trying to see if salaries are about the same over there.

I'm sick of the UK, or rather of what it is becoming.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                £100k , as in Sterling? What would be your equivalent permie salary in the UK?

Just trying to see if salaries are about the same over there.

I'm sick of the UK, or rather of what it is becoming.
                Yes, in GBP.

As Senior person you can even get around £90K working for the government.

The best Perm I have been offered here was £130K basic +£30K bonus+ bens as BI Practice Head.
                That was around 8 years ago.

Likely to be less these days

I would say £100K+ here would still be achievable for me here.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  I have lived there before xoggoth and I can vouch it is.

Heading towards 50 myself (they accept up to 57 for IT skill visa), but lucky I have family connections there too.

I'm really done with it here currently, shame to say, but that's how it is.

It may turn out to be a good thing, as whoever is in here they are going to be grabbing all they can tax wise .
                  Really, I had no idea they accepted that old, Oz is 30 isn't it? Thought I was too old but seems not...

Good luck with the move
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    Really, I had no idea they accepted that old, Oz is 30 isn't it? Thought I was too old but seems not...

Good luck with the move
                    There's a points calculator online, however, as long as you are under 57 you can go for it .
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Only just saw this thread, best of British to ya, hope it works out for you.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X