• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cashing in My Chips, The Final Curtain.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we know who you really are: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-12-days-there
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Far poorer than that, I can assure you
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Far poorer than that, I can assure you
        Fook sake. Are you still here?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Fook sake. Are you still here?
          Yes and going to be here for a while as previously stated.

Not going to get rid of me that easily.

Now do run along and try and make some inroads into getting that £10K back before your wife notices, there's a good boy .
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's takes big kahunas to emigrate if you are going from a position of comfort.

It's easy to sell your house, pack your bags and ship out.

But to make a success of emigration, mentally it's got to be a "one way trip". To fully integrate in your new home you have to commit. That means moving your pension over. Moving all your funds into the local currency and property market. And even telling your partner and family that if they decide to go back - they are going back alone. Do not hang around expat communities.

Forget annual holidays back to the UK - big funerals only. Holiday in your new region. Forget skyping people in the UK often- just do it at Christmas. Throw yourself into making new friends.

And remember this is a lifestyle migration - so the benefits of cutting yourself off are sometimes going to be unclear - because you have had a decent lifestyle around Europe. Sometimes you might think it was a shallow move - but you have by then committed so that thought has to be dispelled.

It's not easy to pull off a successful lifestyle migration, in some ways it's easier to be an economic migrant - with nothing to return back to.

It's not easy but it can be done. I know many who have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
              It's takes big kahunas to emigrate if you are going from a position of comfort.

It's easy to sell your house, pack your bags and ship out.

But to make a success of emigration, mentally it's got to be a "one way trip". To fully integrate in your new home you have to commit. That means moving your pension over. Moving all your funds into the local currency and property market. And even telling your partner and family that if they decide to go back - they are going back alone. Do not hang around expat communities.

Forget annual holidays back to the UK - big funerals only. Holiday in your new region. Forget skyping people in the UK often- just do it at Christmas. Throw yourself into making new friends.

And remember this is a lifestyle migration - so the benefits of cutting yourself off are sometimes going to be unclear - because you have had a decent lifestyle around Europe. Sometimes you might think it was a shallow move - but you have by then committed so that thought has to be dispelled.

It's not easy to pull off a successful lifestyle migration, in some ways it's easier to be an economic migrant - with nothing to return back to.

It's not easy but it can be done. I know many who have done it.
              True, but my family have been connected with NZ for a long time, quite a number still there.

We will be leaving a flat here.

Will be committing with cash over there.

Anyway, opportunities there look good, unlike a number of places currently.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Yes and going to be here for a while as previously stated.

Not going to get rid of me that easily.

Now do run along and try and make some inroads into getting that £10K back before your wife notices, there's a good boy .

You're hanging around like a homesick turd. Go on fook off, you still won't get laid in NZ.

Comment

You're hanging around like a homesick turd. Go on fook off, you still won't get laid in NZ.
                  That's why he's taking his MrsMarkyMark with him.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Don't worry you are still known as the biggest turd, on CUK, no one will ever take that away from you, Snowflake

Seems to be something on your mind regarding getting laid......
                    I can think of 10,000 reasons why you aren't getting any
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      That's why he's taking his MrsMarkyMark with him.
                      Yeah right.

Comment

Working...
                      X