• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new low for ISIS (disturbing)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope ISIS never get round to reading Wilbur Smith. I am currently reading Pharoah - which has as many sick torments in as the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Did you see the Ian Hislop documentary on immigration the other day it is still on Iplayer.
      No, what were his conclusions?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        No, what were his conclusions?
        He is fairly liberal and pro immigration. He did try to present it in a fairly unbiased way.

The interesting thing was the way the public mood changed around the 1900s and why.

From an allow everyone in 1800s to a no more destitute Aliens in 1918.
        The men came back from the front and found all their jobs were taken by cheap immigrant labour.

Interestingly enough I hadn't realised how those nice Germans had slaughtered so many Belgians at the start of WWI and England had opened its Borders & hearts to the massive influx of refugees

World War One: How 250,000 Belgian refugees didn't leave a trace - BBC News

The UK was home to 250,000 Belgian refugees during World War One, the largest single influx in the country's history.
        we are seeing annual levels twice that.....

Oh and the Belgians went home once we saw off the Hun. The government were pretty firm about it.

well worth a watch.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X