• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Way to Fly - There's Company Perks, then there's Company Perks.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to Fly - There's Company Perks, then there's Company Perks.

The distance by road from Bordeaux, in the south-west of France, to the attractive town of Salon-de-Provence in the south-east is 373 miles (600km), a journey that with luck and an absence of embouteillages (traffic jams) will take between five and six hours.

The train takes at least seven, and a commercial flight just over one, plus a half-hour drive from Marseille airport. So for weekends away at his place in Provence, the acting commander-in-chief of the French airforce took a fighter jet instead, according to the investigative and satirical weekly Le Canard Enchaîné.

Le Canard reported that Gen Richard Reboul has requisitioned an air force Alpha jet on “about 10 occasions” since August to fly from his training academy base in Bordeaux to his country property near Salon-de-Provence and back.
    It has a top speed of 620 mph and guzzles about 175 gallons (800 litres) of fuel an hour.
    Way to go.

MF eat your fecking heart out

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...eboul-provence
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Way to go.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...eboul-provence
    You have to keep your flying hours up somehow....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

But I bet he didn't get points for his flights, or even eat a bowl of spaghetti as he flew.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Got to be some decent perks for being a General?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Got to be some decent perks for being a General?

qh
          Wrong country.

I'm sure if he was in the US Trump will ensure every General has their own, public funded, private jet
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            C'mon, have some compassion. He's fallen on hard times....

Comment

Working...
            X