The main reason I frequent this forum. The main reason I frequent this forum.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1

    More time posting than coding

    Lost It has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hayling Island
    Posts
    273

    Default The main reason I frequent this forum.

    Guaranteed. The new threads start out OK, usually there's some good stuff there.

    By page two, usually, the "Keyboard Warriors" wake up.

    Page 3, well it's insults, more insults, things people would never dare say face to face. Then it turns to toilet humour, innuendo, keyboard warrior threats...

    By Page 4 I'm openly laughing. You have to pay good money for that level of entertainment.

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost It View Post
    Guaranteed. The new threads start out OK, usually there's some good stuff there.

    By page two, usually, the "Keyboard Warriors" wake up.

    Page 3, well it's insults, more insults, things people would never dare say face to face. Then it turns to toilet humour, innuendo, keyboard warrior threats...

    By Page 4 I'm openly laughing. You have to pay good money for that level of entertainment.
    This'll never make page 2.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  3. #3

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,225

    Default

    Rubbish. The nonsense starts at post 2. post 1 if started by assguru.

    I usually find 1 in every 10 posts is good. 1 in 100 for Remoaners.

  4. #4

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Isn't this the same for every forum in existence? Will only improve when the bot sockies get decent AI and can hold a proper conversation.

    Same as in real life where the fleshbots are currently too socially inept to be able to look up from their phones for more than a few seconds.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  5. #5

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Isn't this the same for every forum in existence? Will only improve when the bot sockies get decent AI and can hold a proper conversation.

    Same as in real life where the fleshbots are currently too socially inept to be able to look up from their phones for more than a few seconds.
    This board - believe it or not - use to be one of the few where people were polite and reasoned. That was then, this is now...

  6. #6

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    This board - believe it or not - use to be one of the few where people were polite and reasoned. That was then, this is now...

    Still is (mostly) away from General in the professional forums where the mods crack down hard on anyone trying to turn it into the wild west.

    General is needed for relief for all those stressed out about not having an accountant to answer all their earthly queries.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  7. #7

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    This board - believe it or not - use to be one of the few where people were polite and reasoned. That was then, this is now...

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I think he's comparing it to Mumsnet.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  9. #9

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    I think he's comparing it to Mumsnet.
    How can one get confused? One is full of hormonal idiots. And the other is fully of serious baby questions....

  10. #10

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    This board - believe it or not - use to be one of the few where people were polite and reasoned. That was then, this is now...
    'used', you cretin.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •