• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Darwin award goes to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Thought this thread might be about that poor British cow on a bungee jump in Spain.

When the guy running it said "no jump", as he hadn't yet secured the cord, she thought he had said "now jump" ...

A good safety measure in future would be to tie the cord to the jumper last, only after everything else is secure!
    When did cattle start bungee jumping? Doesn't sound right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Thought this thread might be about that poor British cow on a bungee jump in Spain.

When the guy running it said "no jump", as he hadn't yet secured the cord, she thought he had said "now jump" ...

A good safety measure in future would be to tie the cord to the jumper last, only after everything else is secure!

To be fair on her I could see myself making the same mistake as I'd be bricking it that much I'd not be paying attention to anything other than why the hell I agreed to do this and when are they going to push me over the edge if I don't go when told.

At least for her she would have had almost no time to be aware of the problem and may not even have registered she wasn't bouncing back up before the end.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Is the video still on Youtube? would love to see it

Comment

and why a dessert eagle, why not the main gun on an Abrahams?

A .22 would have been impressive enough.

The US need a new charge "too stupid to be allowed out" though it would mean many of our expat posters would have to avoid visiting the US.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Is the video still on Youtube? would love to see it
            I don't believe it is.
            But the young lady's YouTube channel is still up:
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYq...sort=dd&view=0

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              and why a dessert eagle, why not the main gun on an Abrahams?

A .22 would have been impressive enough.

The US need a new charge "too stupid to be allowed out" though it would mean many of our expat posters would have to avoid visiting the US.
              Yes, beacuse you, mauvemonkey, NigelUK, shauny and originalPM are the brains of the operation.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Yes, beacuse you, mauvemonkey, NigelUK, shauny and originalPM are the brains of the operation.
                ah a completely unintelligible comment complete with a personal insult. Have you caught sas-itus again? The doctor told you would get it again if you offered 'those sort of extras'..
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Whose sockie are you?

Although it is nice to see that I have do enough to attract your attention....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Whose sockie are you?

Although it is nice to see that I have do enough to attract your attention....
                    Peoples writing style usually gives it away.

Surely, you should already know
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Peoples writing style usually gives it away.

Surely, you should already know
                      Indeed. Clearly NLUK. He loves the attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X