• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potential €20bn a year Hole in EU Budget.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    It was God's bidding according to Bush and Blair.
    So you'd have sent your son to that war? If he died in an "English" war that would be preferable to dying in an "EU" war.?
    Looking at recent history I would mistrust our leaders much more than the EU ones who were sensible enough to tell Bush to fook off over Iraq.
    Last edited by sasguru; 29 June 2017, 11:11.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      So you'd have sent your son to that war?
      If he'd have joined the British Army, yes. Conscription, no (as far as possible).

You?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        If he'd have joined the British Army, yes. Conscription, no (as far as possible).

You?
        We're only talking about conscription here.
        I would hope my son would do something more creative than join the army, but it's up to him.
        You seem to be suggesting the EU would have a conscript army - why?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

So how does this EU budget deficit compare to say, the UK's current annual budget deficit ??
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            So how does this EU budget deficit compare to say, the UK's current annual budget deficit ??
            I would hazzard a guess you know the answer to your own question.

Comment

It seems every country/political body is in debt.

To who??

Comment

So you'd have sent your son to that war? If he died in an "English" war that would be preferable to dying in an "EU" war.?
                Looking at recent history I would mistrust our leaders much more than the EU ones who were sensible enough to tell Bush to fook off over Iraq.
                You make it sound like his son had no choice - he had to do what his father said.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  It seems every country/political body is in debt.

To who??
                  It took me many years in the city before I finally worked it out! Let me know when you know.....

Comment

We're only talking about conscription here.
                    I would hope my son would do something more creative than join the army, but it's up to him.
                    You seem to be suggesting the EU would have a conscript army - why?
                    well even the SS had to turn to conscription eventually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen...and_conscripts

By 1938, the height restrictions were relaxed, up to six dental fillings were permitted, and eyeglasses for astigmatism and mild vision correction were allowed.[9] Once World War II commenced in Europe, the physical requirements were no longer strictly enforced, and essentially any recruit who could pass a basic medical exam was considered for Waffen-SS service.[9] Following the campaign in the West in 1940, Hitler authorized the enlistment of "people perceived to be of related stock", as Himmler put it, to expand the ranks.[10] A number of Danes, Dutch, Norwegians, Swedes and Finns volunteered to fight in the Waffen-SS under the command of German officers.
                    Don't worry the rest of the 27 got a look in
                    After Germany invaded the Soviet Union in Operation Barbarossa, recruits from France, Spain, Belgium (including Walloons), the territory of occupied Czechoslovakia, Hungary and the Balkans were signed on.[17] From 1942 onwards, further units of non-Germanic recruits were formed.[12] Legions were formed of men from Estonia, Latvia as well as men from Bosnia, Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Ukraine, Russia and Cossacks.[18] By 1944, the German military began conscripting Estonians and Latvians in an effort to replenish their losses.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

To who??

To your future self.

Comment

Working...
                      X