• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who would win: Russia or Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Surprised the new carrier is not fitted with a close in weapons system like the 20mm Phalanx or sea wiz - really really not?

Chin up... if the US fleet can't avoid a container vessel there's hope for us.

US warship 'stayed on deadly collision course with cargo ship despite warnings'
    I am pretty sure it will be fitted with those at least - if not some other things.....

I am wondering about that warship/cargo ship crash - something seems very strange about it - the ocean is a big place!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "This is the transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995.

US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divert your course.

CND reply: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course!

US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA*, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

CND reply: This is a lighthouse. Your call. "
      The Obstinate Lighthouse

Falser than NLYUK's eyelashes.
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        I am pretty sure it will be fitted with those at least - if not some other things.....

I am wondering about that warship/cargo ship crash - something seems very strange about it - the ocean is a big place!
        Yeah I thought that was a weird one, especially given the course data for the cargo ship which seems to show it doing a long u-turn back towards the warship.. sure there's more to it than they are letting on.
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          indeed because I imagine googling the true offensive and defensive capabilities of the new carrier will obviously reveal all the facts....
          No you're right, they probably visited Q before launch
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            ...and Windows XP
            Does it have any aeroplanes? All I read is that it is 'expected' to have by '2025'...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Does it have any aeroplanes? All I read is that it is 'expected' to have by '2025'...
              It's designed to be part of the EU army. Other countries supply the planes.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                The only country that can really fight Russia is Afghanistan. Shame we did not learn from them.
                Viewpoint: Why we all need to watch Brad Pitt's film War Machine - BBC News

Quite...

Comment

Working...
                X