• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrant Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that most terrorism attacks in the USA are caused by their own citizens
    If you bothered to read that Wikipedia page you linked to, you would see that many only killed 0 or 1. The really major ones since 2010, Boston 280 dead, San Bernadino 24, Orlando 53, New York new Jersey 34, Columbus Ohio 13 were by those with Islamist background.

Some may have been US citizens but to argue that those of other backgrounds who have not integrated, who have more affiliation with the countries they or their parents came from than the West, is nothing to do with immigration is ridiculous.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 30 June 2017, 14:20.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Your previous point that migrants crossing the Med have not committed any major attacks is just as daft because there is a lag in these things. Of course people who want to claim asylum and want to make a new life for themselves are not going to jeopardise their chances. The problems arises when resentment does, when all those wonderful dreams turn out to be pie in the sky for most and they just end up as part of an underclass as in France.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Dunno about the pile of poo that is the Huffington Post

Moreover, a report released this week shows that Muslim Americans with family backgrounds in those seven countries have killed no Americans over the last 15 years.
        Can see why they were specific about the date range!

Who is Abdul Rahman Yasin ?
        What did he do?
        How many died?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Pulling out of the Euro would be incredibly good for Italy.
          Probably. But back on topic, Italy, whether in the EU or the Euro or not, will still get just as many migrants coming to their shores. Not much will change geographical necessities.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Dunno about the pile of poo that is the Huffington Post

Can see why they were specific about the date range!

Who is Abdul Rahman Yasin ?
            What did he do?
            How many died?
            All the terrorist attacks in the US over the last decade, care to list what countries the terrorists came from?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Re previous nonsense posted here by you know who about most European terror attacks being by right wingers:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...acks-in-europe

By far the worst ones, Bataclan 130, Nice 86, were by Islamists. Only one by a right winger, Breivik 77, was on anything like that scale.

And let's ignore population. Muslims are only 2.11% of the population of the US. But according to the independent Islamist attacks actually killed more people there.
              bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                All the terrorist attacks in the US over the last decade, care to list what countries the terrorists came from?
                Were they all predominately muslim?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Were they all predominately muslim?
                  "Muslim" isn't a country.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    "Muslim" isn't a country.
                    it is however a faith that was rare in the west until after recent immigration.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      it is however a faith that was rare in the west until after recent immigration.
                      Ask them in the Balkans.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X