Remove the noose Remove the noose
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,630

    Default Remove the noose

    Speaker of the House says men no longer have to wear a tie when sitting.

    John Bercow: MPs don't need to wear ties - BBC News

    I only wear ties these days to go to interviews. If I then get to the company and I see all men wearing ties I'm turned off working for that company. Ties are so outdated and not necessary. My intelligence does not reduce just because I take my tie off (Ok - opened myself up to abuse there but this is General so I'll take the hit )

    What are the general views on this?
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  2. #2

    Seriously Banned

    Troll is NOT a disguised employee

    Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gods own Country
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Speaker of the House says men no longer have to wear a tie when sitting.

    John Bercow: MPs don't need to wear ties - BBC News

    I only wear ties these days to go to interviews. If I then get to the company and I see all men wearing ties I'm turned off working for that company. Ties are so outdated and not necessary. My intelligence does not reduce just because I take my tie off (Ok - opened myself up to abuse there but this is General so I'll take the hit )

    What are the general views on this?
    He who pays the piper calls the tune
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

  3. #3

    Banned

    Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    If I'm wearing a suit, I'll wear a tie. To me, it looks like something is missing otherwise.

    That said, I only wear suits for interviews, weddings etc...

    But there's a part of me, 'cos I'm old fashioned, which thinks that male MPs etc should show some respect for the office they hold by wearing a tie.

    Otherwise, before long, they'll all be turning up for work looking like Peston.
    Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 30th June 2017 at 07:40.

  4. #4

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,637

    Default

    They should all have to wear Guy Fawkes masks. Remind them about honourable intentions.

  5. #5

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They should all have to wear Guy Fawkes masks. Remind them about honourable intentions.
    What, overthrowing the government to place Britain under the foreign tyranny of the Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Remove the noose
    No! It's a hung parliament. They need the nooses...
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

  6. #6

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Those that are least likely to wear a tie are often those most likely to need to.

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Speaker of the House says men no longer have to wear a tie when sitting.

    John Bercow: MPs don't need to wear ties - BBC News

    I only wear ties these days to go to interviews. If I then get to the company and I see all men wearing ties I'm turned off working for that company. Ties are so outdated and not necessary. My intelligence does not reduce just because I take my tie off (Ok - opened myself up to abuse there but this is General so I'll take the hit )

    What are the general views on this?
    Weddings & funerals only for me. I don't even wear a tie, or jacket, for interviews.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  8. #8

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Weddings & funerals only for me. I don't even wear a tie, or jacket, for interviews.
    Begs the question what you wear when you're not at work? Or, worse still, round the house.

  9. #9

    Godlike

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They should all have to wear Guy Fawkes masks. Remind them about honourable intentions.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  10. #10

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What, overthrowing the government to place Britain under the foreign tyranny of the Pope?
    I bet the pope would not have given £1bn(initially) to the DUP.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •