• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    TFA.

The usual bike related nonsense.

Back to back 300km rides Sat/Sun followed by sucking up to MrsB for all the time spent on the bike.

Just an overnight 400Km to go next weekend as a shake down ride for the new steed, and that's it for long rides until the main event on the 28th July.
    Have you posted about the new bike elsewhere?
    Dare I ask what the main event is?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Have you posted about the new bike elsewhere?
      Dare I ask what the main event is?
      Haven't posted about the new bike yet. Only got the frame on Tuesday. Custom made, hand built titanium job. It's with my local bike shop being built up now. Will post a pic when it's ready.

I have mentioned the main event previously, it's LEL

1440km in 4 days 20 hours or less.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Partying: http://www.darmstaedterheinerfest.de/

...and a BBQ in between

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Haven't posted about the new bike yet. Only got the frame on Tuesday. Custom made, hand built titanium job. It's with my local bike shop being built up now. Will post a pic when it's ready.

I am impressed. Have you done that far before? Got your nutrition strategy sorted?

Comment

TFA

Tonight not got much planned apart from sitting down a hopefully watching a film
            Saturday over to friends house whose son is 21. So it will be plenty of food and booze and more booze
            Sunday will be roast dinner and maybe some shopping for upcoming holiday

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I am impressed. Have you done that far before? Got your nutrition strategy sorted?
              Nope, the event only runs every 4 years.

Essentially I've broken it down into a sequence of rides over 400,300,300,240 and 200km. Strategy is ride for 4 hours or 100km, whichever comes first, then eat a couple of thousand calories worth of real food, and sleep after each ride segment. Rinse and repeat until done.

I know I can do 400km in 18 hours, 300 in 12 and 200 in 9 including stops so assuming I can maintain that pace I'll have plenty of time in hand for eating / sleeping and other faffing about. It works out as an overall average of 15mph or around 17mph moving speed.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Stag do. Malaga.
                I'm sure you will have a great time

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Rugby tomorrow morning, gardening the rest of the weekend.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nope, the event only runs every 4 years.

Essentially I've broken it down into a sequence of rides over 400,300,300,240 and 200km. Strategy is ride for 4 hours or 100km, whichever comes first, then eat a couple of thousand calories worth of real food, and sleep after each ride segment. Rinse and repeat until done.

I know I can do 400km in 18 hours, 300 in 12 and 200 in 9 including stops so assuming I can maintain that pace I'll have plenty of time in hand for eating / sleeping and other faffing about. It works out as an overall average of 15mph or around 17mph moving speed.
                    Typically you can carb load quite a bit. Then use sugars up to about 24 hours. Good to know you realize after that its real food.

The biggest issue at the event I did seems to have been saddle sore. I bet you have a strategy for that - but please don't tell us.....

Comment

The weekend thread

Interesting - the LEL starts from London on the same day that the Prudential Ride is on. I hope the 1500 going to Edinburgh be more respectful and responsible than the hordes doing the other route.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X