• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Typically you can carb load quite a bit. Then use sugars up to about 24 hours. Good to know you realize after that its real food.

The biggest issue at the event I did seems to have been saddle sore. I bet you have a strategy for that - but please don't tell us.....
    I will be loading up on carbs in the day or so before hand but wont be using gels etc on the bike.Physically can't carry enough to last the event. Will have a couple for emergancies but otherwise will be eating real food all the way through.

Saddle soreness helped by good shorts and

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

TFA

Walking the North Downs Way tomorrow - Folkestone to Dover
      Sunday, Mrs Herts is intent on buying a new sofa.....
      We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
        Sunday, Mrs Herts is intent on buying a new sofa.....
        Plenty of relevant advice on CUK if required. Apparently chutney sppon design patters are all the rage right now...

Comment

Thank you for asking

Plenty of sleep and garden jobs

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Interesting - the LEL starts from London on the same day that the Prudential Ride is on. I hope the 1500 going to Edinburgh be more respectful and responsible than the hordes doing the other route.
            I would hope so too. LEL has been going longer than the Ride London and Ride London attracts the Sportive idiots who think it's a race.

LEL normally does a gentle prologue from the Mall to the official start but can't this time because Ride London wouldn't agree to them using part of the route.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
            X