• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

religiously-aggravated public order offence? expressing religious beliefs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

religiously-aggravated public order offence? expressing religious beliefs?

https://www.longroom.com/discussion/...igious-beliefs

Where do you draw the line?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    God told me you are a tax dodging relationship failure chunt.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      God told me you are a tax dodging relationship failure chunt.
      You should not believe everything God tells you. All the fun things to do in life are a sin.

Comment

If they caused a nuisance to a trader by stopping customers come in, and annoying a load of people leading to a crowd to start chanting at them then it's public disorder regardless of what they were saying.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The issue was not really what they were saying, but rather that after being told to move along by the police, they chose not to. Which means that the court has said you don't have to do what the police tell you. So good result, all in all.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

People should be able to say what they think but shouting it out in a public place is rather different.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              People should be able to say what they think.
              I shouldn't.

Comment

Sounds like the crowd yelled at them, too. So it's mutual. And I'm sure Mohammed, if he would only express his view, would say they are liars, too. It's mutual. And presumably most gays think these guys were being immoral in saying those things, so that's mutual, too.

So the crowd, Mohammed, and the gays in the crowd (if any) didn't get arrested, or get told to move on by the police. So sounds like an equitable judgment to me.

Why do we need laws against saying stupid things loudly, anyway? We send people to Westminster to say stupid things loudly for five years. Unless they are actually advocating violence, let them speak.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  Sounds like the crowd yelled at them, too. So it's mutual. And I'm sure Mohammed, if he would only express his view, would say they are liars, too. It's mutual. And presumably most gays think these guys were being immoral in saying those things, so that's mutual, too.

So the crowd, Mohammed, and the gays in the crowd (if any) didn't get arrested, or get told to move on by the police. So sounds like an equitable judgment to me.

Why do we need laws against saying stupid things loudly, anyway? We send people to Westminster to say stupid things loudly for five years. Unless they are actually advocating violence, let them speak.
                  If I had a shop and you stood shouting in front of it then I would be tempted to get my cricket bat* out from under the counter to move you on.

*As everyone plays cricket keeping my playing stuff under the counter is legit.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    If I had a shop and you stood shouting in front of it then I would be tempted to get my cricket bat* out from under the counter to move you on.

*As everyone plays cricket keeping my playing stuff under the counter is legit.
                    This is why all shops should sell baseball bats.

Comment

Working...
                    X