• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What exactly does George ‘six jobs’ Osborne add to my economics degree?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As if five jobs weren’t already enough, it was announced yesterday that the former chancellor George Osborne has been appointed as an honorary professor of economics at the University of Manchester. Osborne will not be leading any courses but will be expected to deliver guest lectures. The appointment of an economic policymaker who is not an economist by training makes a bold statement about the way the university wishes to approach the teaching of the subject.
    Snowflakes start to get, that free advice isn't necessarily the best advice

The appointment has also been viewed as a development of the “northern powerhouse” agenda, with Manchester University representing a bastion of cutting-edge research in the “beating heart” of the project.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ter-university
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Snowflakes start to get, that free advice isn't necessarily the best advice

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ter-university
    It is like appointing suity as honorary professor nuclear safety systems.

Comment

a few thousand in Fees?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Or MF as honorary weight watchers coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          It is like appointing suity as honorary professor nuclear safety systems.
          He's never had any training apart from "liaising" with a dominatrix and not doing anything with her, or any of the lines of coke in front of him.

A true man of character
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

He's never had any training apart from "liaising" with a dominatrix and not doing anything with her, or any of the lines of coke in front of him.

A true man of character
            He could out-towel-fold you any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              He could out-towel-fold you any day of the week.
              Indeed he could.

I avoided private / boarding school.

Quite glad of that fact these days, although most probably poorer monetary wise for it
              Plenty of the rest of the family had a go however, with mixed results.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Indeed he could.

I avoided private / boarding school.

Quite glad of that fact these days, although most probably poorer monetary wise for it
                Plenty of the rest of the family had a go however, with mixed results.
                Cheer up you could have had AssGuru as your daddy, in which case you would have to go to private school so you would learn to grab the rail firmly & shout 'thank you sir can I have another'
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Cheer up you could have had AssGuru as your daddy, in which case you would have to go to private school so you would learn to grab the rail firmly & shout 'thank you sir can I have another'
                  Yeh, was never any sweat to me.

Quite interesting when the wider family get together though .

Character building.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                  X