• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices to stay high....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices to stay high....

...forever!

House prices to stay high forever, predicts ex-Bank of England guru 

House prices are likely to stay at high levels and potentially keep on rising over the coming decades, as big economic and demographic trends show no sign of letting up, according to a former Bank of England policymaker.

Prices have rocketed far ahead of incomes since the 1970s and the gap is not expected to close, said David Miles, now a professor at Imperial College London.
    I disagree, they will fall when one of these events occurs.

BBC - Earth - How long will life survive on planet Earth?

Similar-sized eruptions happened 200, 180 and 65 million years ago, so they're not terribly regular. But one will surely happen eventually, and when it does the key question will be where it goes off.
    Slough I expect. Or Luton.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Slough I expect. Or Luton.
      When the apocalypse does happen, houses in Slough will still go up in price due to it's proximity to London with Crossrail.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        House prices aren't going anywhere son, not while there is such limited supply and a rapidly increasing population.

I can't speak for anywhere outside of the SE, because they are just a drain on the country.

Comment

House prices will rise sharply.

In GBP terms.

Comment

Saw some small 2 bedroom flat around my area, half the size of mine but about the same price

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Saw some small 2 bedroom flat around my area, half the size of mine but about the same price
              You do pay more to be above a dry cleaners.

Comment

Working...
              X