• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll finds that 60% of Britons want to keep their EU citizenship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll finds that 60% of Britons want to keep their EU citizenship

"Six out of 10 Britons want to keep their European Union citizenship after Brexit – including the rights to live, work, study and travel in the EU – and many would be prepared to pay large sums to do so, according to research led by the London School of Economics.

Support for retaining the rights is particularly strong among 18- to 24-year-olds, 85% of whom want to retain their EU citizenship in addition to their British citizenship. Around 80% of people living in London also want to maintain the same rights.

The findings come as pressure on Theresa May mounts from UK business groups, led by the CBI and Remain politicians in both houses of parliament, as well as cultural figures from across Europe, to pull back from her plans for a “hard Brexit” in favour of a deal that maintains the strongest possible trade and other links with the EU after the UK leaves in 2019."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-rights-brexit

EU should offer this option as paid monthly subscription - £100 per month, £50 for kids, ten times over those who voted for Brexit. Sorteed.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Six out of 10 Britons want to keep their European Union citizenship after Brexit – including the rights to live, work, study and travel in the EU – and many would be prepared to pay large sums to do so, according to research led by the London School of Economics.

Support for retaining the rights is particularly strong among 18- to 24-year-olds, 85% of whom want to retain their EU citizenship in addition to their British citizenship. Around 80% of people living in London also want to maintain the same rights.

The findings come as pressure on Theresa May mounts from UK business groups, led by the CBI and Remain politicians in both houses of parliament, as well as cultural figures from across Europe, to pull back from her plans for a “hard Brexit” in favour of a deal that maintains the strongest possible trade and other links with the EU after the UK leaves in 2019."

EU should offer this option as paid monthly subscription - £100 per month, £50 for kids, ten times over those who voted for Brexit. Sorteed.
    The LSE. Oh Dear, you do know that usually stands for the Lenin School of Economics...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Whe did you get your degree, Swindon University of Life?

Comment

Poly.

Comment

I call utter bollox on this. Most British people don't give a flying feck about EU citizenship.

Maybe they did the survey from a random sample of people wearing designer suits and working in the City of London.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

When did I ever say I had a degree? Anyway, I'm not sure there is life in Swindon...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Poly.
              They all turned me down, and that was before they saw my A level results...
              In my defence, I went to a comp in the 80's, and if you weren't a raving lefty, the teachers either ignored you or tortured you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                They all turned me down, and that was before they saw my A level results...
                In my defence, I went to a comp in the 80's, and if you weren't a raving lefty, the teachers either ignored you or tortured you.
                That's cos you were a cretin or were disruptive.

Teachers paid attention to kids they thought would get into uni.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I call utter bollox on this. Most British people don't give a flying feck about EU citizenship.

Maybe they did the survey from a random sample of people wearing designer suits and working in the City of London.
                  Cos I don't like it.
                  FTFY. With a little effort, you could find the methodology of survey and attack it on an informed basis, but that would be rather against the grain for you. Much easier just to give out a brainfart
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    That's cos you were a cretin or were disruptive.

Teachers paid attention to kids they thought would get into uni.
                    This is very true. Most teachers were amazed at my top grades.

Comment

Working...
                    X