• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

t'is but a slight scratch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t'is but a slight scratch

The two occupants of a McLaren supercar crashed their car in Wiltshire yesterday, and walked away unharmed amazingly.
    But just look at it - completely reduced to a pile of sticks!

McLaren supercar left in twisted wreck after horror crash | London Evening Standard

I guess the remaining cars have just gone up in value by a few percent.

Comment

Them foreigners and their reliable designs...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Isn't that the whole idea - that the car takes the hit, leaving the occupants unharmed? I know when my wife wrecked my car, the damage to car looked awful - but the occupants were all fine.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Isn't that the whole idea - that the car takes the hit, leaving the occupants unharmed?
          It worked for AtW.

Comment

Isn't that the whole idea - that the car takes the hit, leaving the occupants unharmed? I know when my wife wrecked my car, the damage to car looked awful - but the occupants were all fine.
            Absolutely, the entire point of crumple zones, although the entire car looks like a crumple zone in this case. Presumably, a lot of that damage occurred ex post, in the fire.

Comment

One wonders how they managed it - one of the photos FTA seems to show the crash site off a straight piece of road going past the house.

Unless they just lit up the rear wheels down the straight and lost the back end. Odd though.
              Last edited by Dark Black; 3 July 2017, 12:43.
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

They were fine. But still a rubbish driver though

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  It worked for AtW.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    They were fine. But still a rubbish driver though
                    A high performance car needs a high performance driver. Which is why sassy drives an Aygo....

Comment

Working...
                    X