• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skills Shortage Costs UK £2 Billion Per Year.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    EU was super useful scapegoat for successive Govts, who would they blame now, immigrants?
    unfortunately I expect you are right.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      A gross over-simplification. At least you actually gave a viewpoint for once instead of just shouting cretin.

I have worked with some good people from overseas. Mostly the quality is much poorer than the UK.

One major asset the UK has is people don't just blindly do as they are told like some countries.

Some young people are put off by high student debts and high cost of housing. There is a growing feeling that social mobility is dead.

The UK is now over crowded. There should be no immigrants until the population is less than 56 million. And after that it should match emigration.
      How could you possibly judge? You're thick as mince, only getting the odd contract here and there because of that peculiar "diversity" imperative that exists in the financial sector whereby cretins get equal opportunity.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

EU was super useful scapegoat for successive Govts, who would they blame now, immigrants?
        The EU will continue to be a scapegoat, the propaganda machines will ensure it stays that way for years to come.
        The alt-right will continue to blame foreigners for everything. Mark my words, in a few years you'l have them posting pictures from Crimewatch saying that some of the people in the photos don't have white middle class names, so that's proof that they don't belong in the UK.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Don't worry, the apprenticeship levy will sort out the skills shortage, just like the road tax ensures all those potholes are fixed.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Don't worry, the apprenticeship levy will sort out the skills shortage, just like the road tax ensures all those potholes are fixed.
            And its back to 1937.....

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              How could you possibly judge? You're thick as mince, only getting the odd contract here and there because of that peculiar "diversity" imperative that exists in the financial sector whereby cretins get equal opportunity.
              Thats what all my teachers said about me. Hopefully soon scientists will derive energy from cretinism then you can power the UK.

Comment

Still the EU, for "punishing" Brexit terms.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                  Still the EU, for "punishing" Brexit terms.
                  The UK does not have to accept them....

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    Still the EU, for not agreeing to let UK have Schrödinger's cake.
                    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      The UK does not have to accept them....
                      That's right, brillo. The UK has the stronger hand and can just refuse to buy German luxury cars.

Comment

Working...
                      X