• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Fun Tales from Mike Ashley and Sports Direct

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Fun Tales from Mike Ashley and Sports Direct

Blue’s multimillion-pound legal claim stems from another boozy meeting at the Horse and Groom pub near Sports Direct’s Oxford Street store in 2013. Blue claims that Ashley agreed to pay him £15m if he could help double Sports Direct’s share price within three years.

Ashley has dismissed everything discussed in the pub as “banter”, denied that any such deal existed and refused to pay up.

Blue, a former Merrill Lynch banker and strategic development director at Sports Direct, claimed that Ashley said: “If he [Blue] can get the stock to £8 per share why should I give a **** how much I have to pay him? I will have made so much money it doesn’t matter.”
    Blue said that in December 2013, when Sports Direct’s shares were approaching £8, he approached Ashley, who referred to him as “Jeffis”, for confirmation of the claimed agreement. Blue said that Ashley replied: “Jeffis, I’ve got it, I’ve got it. We’re cool, we’re cool.”

Shortly after the shares hit £8 at 1.04pm on 25 February 2014 Blue’s wife, who was also in court, texted him to say: “It’s hit 8!!!!!”

Ashley paid Blue a £1m bonus in May 2014, but said this was discretionary and not a downpayment on the alleged £15m deal agreed in the Horse and Groom. Ashley denies that any deal was made. Blue’s lawyers said the payment was “only explicable as a partial payment of the sum that had been agreed”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...bs-mike-ashley

Sports Direct, Ashley.

Class act
    The Chunt of Chunts.

How much would AtW pay to get Majestic shares up to £8 each?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Depends.

Was it all agreed in the boozer?
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Depends.

Was it all agreed in the boozer?
        It was called the Drey. Is that a boozer?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Be careful If you don't pay him on time a small russian speaking squirrel pops round & takes your nuts.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X