• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should DNA tests be routine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should DNA tests be routine?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...edical-officer

And it would be useful for life insurance companies to only insurance those who it deems a good risk. And for determining paternity....

Those with nothing to hide have nothing to fear. Allegedly .
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

She lost it over alcohol but now it's proven she is a complete fruitcake.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Those with nothing to hide have nothing to fear. Allegedly .
        Old Paddy Murphy was laying on his death bed, his loving wife Bridget and his four sons were at his side. Three of Paddy's sons were large strapping
        lads but the fourth was a puny runt. With his last breath, he asked Bridget, "The small boy, is he really mine? Am I truly his father?" Bridget lovingly responded, "Yes my dear, you are his father." With that, Paddy died peacefully and Bridget thanked God that Paddy did not ask about the other three boys.

Comment

Oh and the ICO just tells them off and doesn't fine them if they share your data without your consent - https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...protection-act

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            https://www.theguardian.com/science/...edical-officer

And it would be useful for life insurance companies to only insurance those who it deems a good risk. And for determining paternity....
            and no doubt every sample taken would be sent to add to the police DNA database ...
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              and no doubt every sample taken would be sent to add to the police DNA database ...
              I don't think it would add much. Often DNA in crimes is noticed to be similar to a known crim. Their relatives are then investigated.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I don't think it would add much. Often DNA in crimes is noticed to be similar to a known crim. Their relatives are then investigated.
                I remember in a break through case some guy got caught because they had his sister's DNA.

Comment

This is why Ethnic Cleansing - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com there should not be a national database.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    This is why Ethnic Cleansing - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com there should not be a national database.
                    similar arguments could be made against a census.

Unfortunately bad people will use whatever is available.

That's why we shouldn't have random DNA because suddenly those with a genetic disorder would be unable to get insurance.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X