• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bill tells it how it is.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this article:

Austria to send troops and armoured vehicles to border with Italy to block migrants

makes quite chilling reading. Italy want shot of them, everyone else has shut their borders, and the EU has given Euro35m to sort it out. It's a clustershag fantasy. Everyone still want in? Got me doubts...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      And this article:

Austria to send troops and armoured vehicles to border with Italy to block migrants

makes quite chilling reading. Italy want shot of them, everyone else has shut their borders, and the EU has given Euro35m to sort it out. It's a clustershag fantasy. Everyone still want in? Got me doubts...
      don't be silly we will be penniless without their wise management & business acumen..

UberMinceCretin!!!!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bill Gates (or the reporter) and like many others are ill informed. The open door policy is and never was open to North Africans. Only Syrians fleeing war. But then again if you agree with BG I'm sure you're all willing to increase the foreign aid budget for North Africa since we destabilised it in the first place.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 4 July 2017, 20:49.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Bill Gates (or the reporter) and like many others are ill informed. The open door policy is and never was open to North Africans. Only Syrians fleeing war.
          I would suggest Mr Gates is probably better informed than most. Its rare for him to make a mistake.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ormer-uk-envoy

They may be coming from Africa but they will claim to be from war zones.

Studies show that as many as 75% of Nigerians reaching Italy via Libya, the largest group of migrants, are deemed to be economic migrants. The number of Nigerians reaching Italy via Libya has risen from 9,000 in 2014 to 37,550 in 2016. By contrast, nearly 90% of refugees from countries such as Eritrea are being granted asylum.

Comment

Your kids can join the Africans in the food bank queue.
            That will be result of Brexit.

Hth, bidi
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Your kids can join the Africans in the food bank queue.

Hth, bidi
              only if we move to Germany. But I am sure Portugal will discover food banks soon. HTH But You Are AssSnob.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                only if we move to Germany. But I am sure Portugal will discover food banks soon. HTH But You Are AssSnob.
                Intelligent response. I do hope it will be a hard Brexit.
                Sadly it won't be. Because even the Leave leaders are backtracking now.
                Even they've realised the UK is full of idiotic cretins like you and that therefore Brexit will be a disaster.
                Last edited by sasguru; 4 July 2017, 21:10.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Bill Gates (or the reporter) and like many others are ill informed. The open door policy is and never was open to North Africans. Only Syrians fleeing war. But then again if you agree with BG I'm sure you're all willing to increase the foreign aid budget for North Africa since we destabilised it in the first place.
                  Thank God the EU can spot the difference. Oh...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I've been saying exactly this for a while. You have to treat the cause and improve the departure location. No wonder these migrants want to get to the European Gated Community, and who can blame them. But culturally, economically, and structurally, we cannot absorb relentless numbers.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Instead he suggested spending more money on foreign aid to treat the problem
                      Often said but it makes no sense. Look at the places many migrants currently come from. Foreign aid is not going to end conflicts and violence or repressive regimes. Even where poverty is the main cause, studies indicate that aid has little effect in preventing it, i.e. raising the GDP per capita.

There is no good reason why those from some places like Nigeria or Pakistan should ever be considered for asylum. While they do have significant regional conflicts and problems they also have safer areas they can go to and stable governments that should protect them. The rules need urgent revision.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X