• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bill tells it how it is.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    To be honest, I was fully expecting my figure to be low, I just didn't want to upset the 6th formers too much. Still, they think Italy and Spain can handle a few million more, so what's the problem? I just hope to God we're out of this shambles when the brown smelly stuff hits the whizzy thing.
    Love that phrase 6th formers. I'm nicking that for future use!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Often said but it makes no sense. Look at the places many migrants currently come from. Foreign aid is not going to end conflicts and violence or repressive regimes. Even where poverty is the main cause, studies indicate that aid has little effect in preventing it, i.e. raising the GDP per capita.

There is no good reason why those from some places like Nigeria or Pakistan should ever be considered for asylum. While they do have significant regional conflicts and problems they also have safer areas they can go to and stable governments that should protect them. The rules need urgent revision.
      Indeed so why come here....

this may explain some of it - a life of crime is less risky.

Nigeria: Amputation Imposed as Sentence for Theft | Global Legal Monitor

Comment

Not sure anyone actually read the Bill Gates article. The DM said it was originally from a German media outlet, but linked to another one that didn't link to the original. Then the DM used a "translation" by Briebart. :
        Maybe someone could find the actual original article and an actual translation of it, not a 4th hand chinese whispers version.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The original:

According to Microsoft founder Bill Gates, the migration to Europe will increase. "The pressure is enormous - just because of the extremely high population growth in Africa," said Gates to the "Welt am Sonntag".

The 61-year-old US-American has supported the "Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation", named after him and his wife, for several years in his view of effective measures against extreme poverty and diseases in Africa and other countries. Gates emphasized that Germany had at last achieved its promise to spend 0.7 percent of its gross national income on development aid - which is "phenomenal". "I hope that other European countries will follow the example of Germany," he said. The IT visionary also spoke of a dilemma in the German attitude towards refugees.

"The more generous you are, the more it speaks - which in turn motivates more people to leave Africa," said Gates of the "World on Sunday", "Germany can not do this otherwise a huge mass of people who would then be on the way. " This, unfortunately, "Gates continued," means that you must make it harder for people from Africa to use the transatlantic route to Europe. " Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel wants to involve more private investors with a G20 Africa initiative launched by the federal government in the hope of fighting refugees on the African continent in this way.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Why doesn't Merkel and cohorts make Africa part of the EU. Sorted.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran
              Bill tells it how it is I want to hear it.
              FTFY
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X