• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bill tells it how it is.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill tells it how it is.

Bill Gates warns open door migration will overwhelm Europe | Daily Mail Online

Bill Gates warns that Germany's open door policy to migrants will overwhelm Europe and urges leaders to 'make it more difficult for Africans to reach the continent via current routes'
    Bill Gates warned of 'huge' number of migrants waiting to come to Europe
    He said generosity of European leaders will only encourage more to come
    61-year-old said Europe must make it more difficult for people to cross border
    Instead he suggested spending more money on foreign aid to treat the problem
    You can see why he is one of the world's richest men and biggest benefactors.

Wait for Gerroff & Lily rentagob to call him racist.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

The obvious solution has always been to spend the aid money where it's needed, locally. Unfortunately, corruption (from Western aid agencies as well as local governments) means the people that need it don't get it. The pace of change is far too slow so people leave.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The obvious solution has always been to spend the aid money where it's needed, locally. Unfortunately, corruption (from Western aid agencies as well as local governments) means the people that need it don't get it. The pace of change is far too slow so people leave.
      And Merkel opening the door to allcomers probably hasn't helped. Perhaps somebody should have told her there were another million or so waiting for that green light before they set off. Sometimes "doing the right thing" isn't necessarily "doing the right thing".
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I never understood why when Bill suggested the UK not cut foreign aid our government didn't say 'tell you what if you help us run it we won't'. Our billions plus Bill & Warren's vision could change the world not buy BMWs for the African princes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          And Merkel opening the door to allcomers probably hasn't helped. Perhaps somebody should have told her there were another 6 million or so waiting for that green light before they set off. Sometimes "doing the right thing" isn't necessarily "doing the right thing".
          FTFY

yep that many

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            FTFY

yep that many
            To be honest, I was fully expecting my figure to be low, I just didn't want to upset the 6th formers too much. Still, they think Italy and Spain can handle a few million more, so what's the problem? I just hope to God we're out of this shambles when the brown smelly stuff hits the whizzy thing.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              To be honest, I was fully expecting my figure to be low, I just didn't want to upset the 6th formers too much. Still, they think Italy and Spain can handle a few million more, so what's the problem? I just hope to God we're out of this shambles when the brown smelly stuff hits the whizzy thing.
              Maybe rather than the haphazard approach we should maybe lay on some form of transport -- lets call them ships.

And rather than landing unannounced we can prepare for their arrival.

What would be really good is if when they landed they could immediately look straight for work - so we need to set that up - and some of these people may not be great at looking for work - I am assuming that is why they arrive here?

So we should help them by letting large corporations almost 'bid' for their services and in return they will 'house' and 'employ' these people in return for food, clothes, some small luxuries but most of all safety.

Seems so radical yet so simple - maybe it has been tried before but I am no history student so not really sure.

Comment

Austria to send troops and armoured vehicles to border with Italy to block migrants

Austria has deployed armoured vehicles close to its border with Italy and will send up to 750 soldiers to block any migrants trying to head north, the government announced.
                The move reflects deep concern in Vienna and elsewhere in Europe over the huge number of asylum seekers who continue to cross the Mediterranean from Libya – so far this year more than 85,000 have been rescued and brought to Italy
                There are concerns that when Austria holds an election in October, the far-Right Freedom Party could do well unless the government can seize the initiative on migration and border security.
                With France and Switzerland closing their borders to migrants since last year, the tens of thousands in Italy have nowhere to go.
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Nice to see Europe speaking with one unified voice, just like they said it would be...

Comment

oh so once the people start getting upset governments start to change their tack, bunch of racists if you ask me, welcome them with open arms send them to Angela Dumpkoff & Lilly Rentagob's house.

Comment

Working...
                    X