• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swagmire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swagmire

I had a funny dream last night. A dream that featured Donald Trump and the word "Swagmire", a word I'd never consciously heard before.

Upon waking, While this word was still fresh in my mind, I reached for my mobile and a quick Google revealed, courtesy of Urban Dictionary, that swagmire is defined as "an event or contest where one must prove their masculinity".

How fitting, particularly in light of the current contretemps with North Korea....

Lord knows how this word entered my subconscious mind. I seem to be getting inundated by things that emanate from a another species speaking a different language and living in a completely different sphere of existence to the one in which I inhabit.

The denizens of social meeja, in other words

Anyway, there's your word of the day for you. Swagmire.

What a good idea to solve global conflict. Whichever national leader has the smallest knob must concede.

You ought to have a go on the story thread.

PS Hang on that's a bit sexist. To allow Merkel etc. to have a chance it would have to be a very complex formula balancing knob and fanny sizes. Stephen Hawking could sort it.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 5 July 2017, 09:35.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      What a good idea to solve global conflict. Whichever national leader has the smallest knob must concede.

TM the PM might struggle. ...although she has got BoJo, so maybe she'd win.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

the PM might struggle
        You just got in ahead of my update.
        Funny. When I thought of female leaders our PM did not spring to mind. Can't think why.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

PS Hang on that's a bit sexist. To allow Merkel etc. to have a chance it would have to be a very complex formula balancing knob and fanny sizes. Stephen Hawking could sort it.
          Were you aware of the word before Xoggy?

I rather like it. It has something of the Louisiana swamps about it.

Comment

Swagmire leads to quagmire!
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              I had a funny dream last night. A dream that featured Donald Trump and the word "Swagmire", a word I'd never consciously heard before.

Upon waking, While this word was still fresh in my mind, I reached for my mobile and a quick Google revealed, courtesy of Urban Dictionary, that swagmire is defined as "an event or contest where one must prove their masculinity".

How fitting, particularly in light of the current contretemps with North Korea....

Lord knows how this word entered my subconscious mind. I seem to be getting inundated by things that emanate from a another species speaking a different language and living in a completely different sphere of existence to the one in which I inhabit.

The denizens of social meeja, in other words

Anyway, there's your word of the day for you. Swagmire.
              Get spray cans, and emblazon every wall and parked car in your town with the word, like Banksy gone haywire.

That way everyone will be talking about it and the word will end up in the dictionary (although you'll end up in jail!)

That's more or less how the word "quiz" was introduced in Dublin in the 18th century, after a drunken bet.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Swagmire leads to quagmire!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Lol!
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

My favourite male cartoon character. Can't think why.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X