• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Washer dryer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    You think I have time after posting on CUK.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      What happened to the Brexit boycotting of German goods?
      Only the crap ones - I'm not as stupid as you may think
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Having had both combo & separate units my 2p:
        Combos sound a great idea but experience says if you are limited to space just go for a good washer as the clothes will come out well spun & only need minimal hanging to dry.

But combos are Expensive to run, Liable to damage clothes & If you have a backlog of washing it will take an age

Previously I had hotpoint combo & then hotpoint separates (I managed to get one of the dryers that was prone to catching fire!) then changed to miele & was so impressed that when the dishwasher died I only looked at miele

Current set up (which has proven the best) is miele separates, the washer spins so well that the very efficient (vented) dryer will dry a clothes load in 27min & bedding load in 43min

With any dryer there is a risk of fire – are you sure the tenants will regularly clean out the filters? As if they do not & the worse happens your insurance may not pay out
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          What happened to the Brexit boycotting of German goods?
          We get them from Turkey and China now and just stick German sounding name badges on them. (True).
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            agreed I used to rate Bosch but have heard bad things recently.

We have a Beko and the cats love hearing it sing to them when it finishes. Must be 2 years old now, the hotpoint before kept shorting out.
            Ours sings a cheerful tune when it's done too. I think it's a Samsung.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Personally I've found combos take forever to dry washing. All the ones I've used you have had to empty half the load out if you want your stuff to dry in a reasonable time*.

If there is no space for a separate dryer, then I prefer a washing machine with a high spin speed then I use a clothes horse with a dehumidifier in winter.

*Drying towels and bedding. Undies dry quickly so why use a dryer?
              This.
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

If the room you hang up your washing in is aired properly i.e. windows wide open just for a few minutes, they'll be dry in a jiffy, no need for a dryer, or dehumidifier.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  If the room you hang up your washing in is aired properly i.e. windows wide open just for a few minutes, they'll be dry in a jiffy, no need for a dryer, or dehumidifier.
                  Doesn't work in winter especially if there is drizzle outside.

Also the dehumidifier ensures all the water vapour in my house is decreased as my property was built without double glazing and central heating.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                    As part of the pending upgrades to the palace, we're having the dry cleaning facility replaced. Not sure on the cost but it's bound to be a bargain, especially when you see the outfits I've designed for the Latvian birds who'll be working in there.
                    I saw those, I thought they were extremely tasteful

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      WHS - Miele all the way. Cheap ones are always breaking down, or occasionally catching fire. Bosch used to be very good, but our latest washer/dryer was built in Albania or somewhere, and it's absolute crap, so it'll be Miele next time.
                      WHS
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X