• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO AtW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    So you seem to effectively be saying that there is no difference between Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion. Who are you.....Gordon Brown?
    What they did is much closer to Tax Evasion than Tax Avoidance, in my opinion.

Tax Avoidance would have been if they moved to Isle of Man and sold services of their own company whilst living in Isle of Man, now that would be honest, moral bona fide Tax Avoidance.
    Last edited by AtW; 5 July 2017, 19:16.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I wish to say sorry to AtW for my comments on this and the other thread. I will post no more.
      Post your apology here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...it-thread.html

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's terrible.

But what's worse is to have hippocritical bunch who insist that it's all about legality rather than morality, then (after many years of legal proceedings) losing in court and taking a view that HMRC is immortal entity.

You choose morality and "tax avoiders" lose straight away.

Choose law and it happens many years down the line.

Same result though (usually).
        Yeah, that's good. Really incisive. Why not post it here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...it-thread.html

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          But when you are told by a scheme promoter that it is all above board, backed by a QC etc etc, how many of them still thought it was dodgy?
          I still thought it was dodgy - largely because they were telling me it was above board etc.

Usually when someone has the need to tell you that something is above board - it probably isn't.

If it was above board, they wouldn't need to tell me that.

Comment

Working...
          X