• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jacob Rees-Mogg announces baby Sixtus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just having Jacob Rees-Mogg as your dad is enough to have the crap beaten out of you.

Oh btw comp kids now have "interesting' names especially if they are in a city or large town.

Some teacher I know changed her surname on marriage to her husband's boring English one and the kids' basically told her "What kind of fecking name is that?"
    I once dated a teacher whose surname was the same as the brothers from a very famous pop combo. She made out they were related, for a while, until the kiddies pointed out (quite rightly) that said brothers were a couple of right winkers.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Moggs a nice chap He's also a full on Old-skool eccentric. You have to respect that he rocks his vibe.

Sixtus was the pope that gave us the Sistine chapel and the Vatican Archives so not a bad namesake to have.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Moggs a nice chap He's also a full on Old-skool eccentric.
        The type that used to be plentliful and, in their own little way, made the country what it was. The sneering at Rees-Mogg is more a reflection of the commentator.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          The type that used to be plentliful and, in their own little way, made the country what it was. The sneering at Rees-Mogg is more a reflection of the commentator.
          Firstly - he is completely ridiculous.

Conservative toff Jacob Rees-Mogg denies going canvassing with his nanny in a Bentley – it was a Merc, he insists - Mirror Online

Secondly, he symbolises how power is vested in people with privileged upbringings in the UK. And when he goes on the radio the morning after the EU referendum and announces his joy at the great blow against the Establishment, he can expect a bit of sneering. No harm done really, as I'm sure he doesn't care in the slightest what the hoi polloi think of him.

Anyway, I much prefer Michael Fabricant.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Firstly - he is completely ridiculous.

Conservative toff Jacob Rees-Mogg denies going canvassing with his nanny in a Bentley – it was a Merc, he insists - Mirror Online

Secondly, he symbolises how power is vested in people with privileged upbringings in the UK. And when he goes on the radio the morning after the EU referendum and announces his joy at the great blow against the Establishment, he can expect a bit of sneering. No harm done really, as I'm sure he doesn't care in the slightest what the hoi polloi think of him.

Anyway, I much prefer Michael Fabricant.
            It's hoi polloi, not "the hoi polloi".

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              Moggs a nice chap He's also a full on Old-skool eccentric. You have to respect that he rocks his vibe.

Sixtus was the pope that gave us the Sistine chapel and the Vatican Archives so not a bad namesake to have.
              This Sixtus the IV also started the Spanish inquisition and was famed for being a wicked man full of nepotism. He didn't commissioned the cartoons on the ceiling of the Sistine chapel either.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

It's hoi polloi, not "the hoi polloi".
                'The hoi polloi' is correct.

A little education is dangerous, no?

Comment

'The hoi polloi' is correct.

"The the many". Okay then.

Comment

"The the many". Okay then.

Comment

Repeating yourself doesn't mean you're correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X